RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the piece that fits into the rear bumper that you attach with those two plastic scews.....Anyone know the part #, have an extra, know how much this little black piece of plastic should cost for an 08 RRS?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
It's about $30 from parts.com, part #9 in the diagram. Although they don't list 2008s, I believe the cover is the same as in 06/07s (you can ask them to make sure before you order.) You may also need the two thumbscrews / retainers, I don't think they are included with the cover.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
umbertob said:
You may also need the two thumbscrews / retainers, I don't think they are included with the cover.
Luckily they're only $17 each. :)
Why does LR use such flimsy clips? I was taking that piece on and off for the backup cam install and every time it sounded like they were breaking.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I broke mine ages ago (both of them on the front and one of the two on the rear cover), I think it only took two tries before they snapped. I don't even bother putting the covers on anymore, I leave the D-shackle hanging from the rear tow hook. I'll secure the covers with some spit just minutes before I trade my car in for a 2010/2011 and hope the dealer doesn't notice. :wink:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can buy a complete Body Shell from parts.com for $4558.21? really? I know I'd be saving $89.38! since the dealer only wants $4468.83? Sounds like a bargain to me. Could I trade it in and get 5 Grand in the "Clunkers" program and making $400 bucks?

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
haha, no... You'd need 1 yr ownership before the bailout, err, clunkers, program would apply. Would be funny to try though...

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pick up the phone and call your dealer. Or go to the usual sponsors: roverparts.com or roverconnection.com These are common parts, they will know what you need.

I bought some recently for about $.50 from my dealer. I suggest that you buy some spares as they break easily. Poor design.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The dealer next to me charges $2.54 per clip... I am going to pick them up today, but that seems high!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
b_arra said:
The dealer next to me charges $2.54 per clip... I am going to pick them up today, but that seems high!
Funny quote of the day:

Buying a $60K vehicle...no problem
Paying $2.54 per clip - PROBLEM!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
PJPR01
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing