RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

It's been awhile :)

I need to remove the plastic frame that wraps around the AC/Heat unit, the radio and the two vents right on top of it. It looks like there are two plastic pins on the top. Is there anything at the bottom ????.......because just removing the AC/Heat knob unit screws, it doesn't let it pop out.

TIA,
Bill

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bill, my RAVE manual shows that to be a bit more involved than removing the screws you did. I've been wanting to get to the fan selector switch for some time now, but I haven't wanted to take the time to remove all that is required to get to it. Part of it is removing what you are trying to remove. If you don't have the RAVE manual, I can send you the pages you're going to need. Just shoot me a PM with your email address.

Colin

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd start with the slideout cupholder, 6 screws......... 3 to the left behind the airsuspension buttons, 3 to the right behind the ashtray (LHD)

Prost, Chris

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Swisschris said:
I'd start with the slideout cupholder, 6 screws......... 3 to the left behind the airsuspension buttons, 3 to the right behind the ashtray (LHD)

Prost, Chris
Thanks, Chris.

I'll get to it tomorrow morming. Colin is sending me a few pages of RAVE to go by. I saw the two pins behind the air vents (once I removed them) but nothing at the bottom :)

Bill

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Bill, Not sure if you've already sorted this but it's pretty easy, if a bit fiddly:

1. Remove the stereo
2. Remove the Heater controls
- Pull off the fan speed selector and the 3 circular nobs (Temp and AIr flow selectors)
- Remove the 2 screws that are now visible and remove the heater control faceplate
- Remove the 4 screws that are holding the heater controls onto the plastic frame
3. Remove the ashtray and the air suspensions controls (Both of these just pull out but you'll need to disconnect the air suspension plugs)
4. Remove the 6 screws behind the ash tray and air suspension controls and then you can slide out the whole cup holder assembly and it's frame
5 Remove the 2 screw immediately below the stereo opening (sometimes concealed behind a clip on plastic trim piece)
6 Loosen (but don't remove) the 2 screws you spotted at the top of the frame above the stereo opening and air vents

The frame will then just slide out. I found the air suspension plugs got in the way but these can be carefully threaded back out and into the area under the dash. One thing to watch when you reassemble - I found that the plastic had become very brittle with age so be careful not to over-tighten anything. Good luck!!
Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SimonB said:
Hi Bill, Not sure if you've already sorted this but it's pretty easy, if a bit fiddly:

1. Remove the stereo
2. Remove the Heater controls
- Pull off the fan speed selector and the 3 circular nobs (Temp and AIr flow selectors)
- Remove the 2 screws that are now visible and remove the heater control faceplate
- Remove the 4 screws that are holding the heater controls onto the plastic frame
3. Remove the ashtray and the air suspensions controls (Both of these just pull out but you'll need to disconnect the air suspension plugs)
4. Remove the 6 screws behind the ash tray and air suspension controls and then you can slide out the whole cup holder assembly and it's frame
5 Remove the 2 screw immediately below the stereo opening (sometimes concealed behind a clip on plastic trim piece)
6 Loosen (but don't remove) the 2 screws you spotted at the top of the frame above the stereo opening and air vents

The frame will then just slide out. I found the air suspension plugs got in the way but these can be carefully threaded back out and into the area under the dash. One thing to watch when you reassemble - I found that the plastic had become very brittle with age so be careful not to over-tighten anything. Good luck!!
Cheers
Simon
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks, Simon.

Now.....if I knew how to get the radio out.....I'd be all set `)

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts