Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally saw the new L460 in person, it's nice, call me bonkers, but I still prefer the 2019+ L405 (I have had many LR's in the garage since 1997 so I'm a long time brand owner).

Maybe it was the color and that is was an SE, white with black out package, I had them side-by-side and it's a bigger truck. I was expecting to be blown away by the design, I wasn't... don't get me wrong, it's nice and you are want a new full size RR, get it.

I looked over every detail on the vehicle I have a bit of concerns on the black shiny plastic bits and how they will wear over time, the element that really turned me off was the plastic bits on the rear fender/quarter. It's like they designed both the Full Size and Sport and had an oppsie moment where mud and water spray from the tires hit the quarter so they had to put these little plastic bits. Seems like they would have flared the arch or rear lower bumper facia to compensate for that cheap looking bit.

Is this normal? I have not see it on cars... I don't like it.

Thoughts?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Fender Material property

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
233 Posts
I finally saw the new L460 in person, it's nice, call me bonkers, but I still prefer the 2019+ L405 (I have had many LR's in the garage since 1997 so I'm a long time brand owner).

Maybe it was the color and that is was an SE, white with black out package, I had them side-by-side and it's a bigger truck. I was expecting to be blown away by the design, I wasn't... don't get me wrong, it's nice and you are want a new full size RR, get it.

I looked over every detail on the vehicle I have a bit of concerns on the black shiny plastic bits and how they will wear over time, the element that really turned me off was the plastic bits on the rear fender/quarter. It's like they designed both the Full Size and Sport and had an oppsie moment where mud and water spray from the tires hit the quarter so they had to put these little plastic bits. Seems like they would have flared the arch or rear lower bumper facia to compensate for that cheap looking bit.

Is this normal? I have not see it on cars... I don't like it.

Thoughts?
View attachment 300981

View attachment 300982

View attachment 300983
That Is for regulations, it is to prevent the wheels from protruding out of the bodywork

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unbelievable... you guys like that? Looks like a mistake...not intentional. It can be removed, correct? Why don't they incorporate it as part of the bodywork? The whole point of new LR design is "minimal" but they tack on a piece of plastic?

·
Registered
233 Posts
unbelievable... you guys like that? Looks like a mistake...not intentional. It can be removed, correct? Why don't they incorporate it as part of the bodywork? The whole point of new LR design is "minimal" but they tack on a piece of plastic?
IMO, it doesn't bother me. This is the same reason why disco 2s with 18inch wheels, Cayenne with 21s, Jeep Wrangler with 35s have wheel arch extensions

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think you might've been looking for something to dislike, my brother. As mentioned above, this is a regulatory thing... would you prefer the wheels to be further inset? Be patient, you'll get your 460 soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts