RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I placed a order on a RRS 15 and they asked me for a 2k initial deposit and another $2800 at signing ? I would like to know where is this money being applied to. Shouldn't I ?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
It's being applied towards your final purchase price. Where else would it go?

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's being applied towards your final purchase price. Where else would it go?
I forgot to say Im leasing. You know how these salesmen LOVE to play with numbers

·
Registered
124 Posts
Now I placed a order on a RRS 15 and they asked me for a 2k initial deposit and another $2800 at signing ? I would like to know where is this money being applied to. Shouldn't I ?
Locally, I was charged nothing when my order was held, $1K when it was entered into their Vista system. They said I don't write my check until delivery.

I explored getting a truck through a dealer in Peoria, IL. They offered to charge me $3500 up front as an upcharge since my property in Wisconsin is outside their service area. _That_ cash would have been gone.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Locally, I was charged nothing when my order was held, $1K when it was entered into their Vista system. They said I don't write my check until delivery.

I explored getting a truck through a dealer in Peoria, IL. They offered to charge me $3500 up front as an upcharge since my property in Wisconsin is outside their service area. _That_ cash would have been gone.
Good thing you caught that one. Wish there was a simpler way to deal with these slick salesmen. It really kills the joy of purchasing a great vehicle.

·
Registered
746 Posts
There's got to be a law that says deposits are refundable. There's no way that can be legal.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
124 Posts
There's got to be a law that says deposits are refundable. There's no way that can be legal.
The Peoria, IL dealer called the 3500 an upcharge, but wanted to take it at the time of the order. As I saw it, it was a fee for jumping the line. I'll wait until June for local delivery with no premium thankyouverymuch.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i leased and also ordered my RRS. no downpayment - however, they docked me around and changed the prices when i went to pick up. they are all scumbags.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i leased and also ordered my RRS. no downpayment - however, they docked me around and changed the prices when i went to pick up. they are all scumbags.
Yes they are. But everything always comes around again. Wait until our RRS isn't the hottest car on the planet again, and they are back to cold calling, e-mailing and generally begging for a sale.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,462 Posts
Yes they are. But everything always comes around again. Wait until our RRS isn't the hottest car on the planet again, and they are back to cold calling, e-mailing and generally begging for a sale.
Is that a good thing? The salesmen may have to work harder, but that also means our depreciation is accelerated. I'd rather the RRS stays a hot commodity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts