RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pillar Felt peeling off? and need parts diagram manual for new owner

guys, just bought a 2008 RRS and one of the weird issues is that the Felt along the Pillars on both drivers and passengers is peeling off. Is this a known issue, and any ideas how to resolve this?

Also, Where do I get a parts diagram manual so I can order some trim pieces that the chrome is flaking off??

Thanks so much
Mark

·
Premium Member
741 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Pillar Felt peeling off? and need parts diagram manual for new owner

You got it, I do see that I could have found out it, so thanks for the heads up! Mark

·
Registered
145 Posts

i had that on my previous p38, and very dirty, i took off the A,B and C posts and put in warm water, nylon scourer or finger nail and removed all the felt, looked really good after, pretty much same as my 200 posts,, and didnt cost anything but a bit of time to do,,

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,670 Posts

i had that on my previous p38, and very dirty, i took off the A,B and C posts and put in warm water, nylon scourer or finger nail and removed all the felt, looked really good after, pretty much same as my 200 posts,, and didnt cost anything but a bit of time to do,,
Sport andP38 pillar finishes are two completely different animals. P38s have a sprayed on finish. Newer LR products like the Sport have actual fabric. Sadly the fabric is an exact trim application so it easily lifts and peels with heat an repeated moisture.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are u-tube videos available to show how to remove the A pillar internal trim and its easy to do, and you can then re-glue the fabric onto the plastic....HOWEVER, what I didn’t pick up was that the flocked fabric is very fragile. I glued with a solvent based adhesive which simply melted the fabric (yes it did!), which meant I had to buy a new RR part, ouch!

IMPORTANT TIP: The answer is to use a very mild upholstery glue. Try in a tiny area you won’t see first!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts