RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search but didnt find a thread. I was hoping those of you with lifted P38's could post some pics with some info on how it was lifted and tire sizes, etc.

Im looking to lift mine a little to make better room for some 31 or 32 in tires. Would just like to see what it looks like. Thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts

I saw one on the road that looked like this, while I was about to buy my p38! It was even the same color as mine. I waved at him and got a snarl, and then slouched in my seat and felt intimidated lol!

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
2" spacer lift front and rear, Arnott Gen III air bags and extended Bilstein shocks.

Shown below on EAS high mode with 33" muddies (Maxxis Big Horn 255/85R16)

Looking more like a "normal" P38A below.... on EAS Motorway mode with 265/60R18 Cooper H/T Plus road tyres

More pics over at http://paulp38a.com/gallery/v/99RR/ but I haven't really narrated or sorted them properly yet.

Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
665 Posts
that first one is absolutely amazing, I wonder how the axles hold up to wheeling.

looks like 36 inch tires?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good guys.

PaulP38A said:
2" spacer lift front and rear, Arnott Gen III air bags and extended Bilstein shocks.

Shown below on EAS high mode with 33" muddies (Maxxis Big Horn 255/85R16)

Looking more like a "normal" P38A below.... on EAS Motorway mode with 265/60R18 Cooper H/T Plus road tyres

More pics over at http://paulp38a.com/gallery/v/99RR/ but I haven't really narrated or sorted them properly yet.

Cheers, Paul.
Paul- What kind of spacers did you use?

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
nickm347 said:
Paul- What kind of spacers did you use?
They are part of a kit from Hard Range http://hra4x4.com/index_files/Page633.htm

The car on that page is mine

I bought the car from Hardy Neale (after he sold Hard Range to Andrew Barbara in Perth) with the kit already installed. Mine is the prototype for the kit so I'd say that the kit for sale now is a bit different.

rear spacer

front spacers, not the block of wood : :?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just a few more shots of the 1st.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
Great looking vehicle... except for the colour... suits a 1980's BMW or the underside of a military aircraft... certainly not a Rangie.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not a colour I'm a fan of either, although considering he uses it offroad the bodywork and paint seemed flawless, really well looked after.

·
Registered
665 Posts
does anyone know the guy or know specs on that blue rover?

·
Registered
494 Posts
i believe there was a thread about the blue rover a few weeks ago. one of the uk members shot the pics at a meet but didn't own it from what i remember. i do recall the member who posted pics of it originally had some info on the vehicle.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
david despain said:
paul, what are the details on your extended bump stops? did they come with the kit or are they available somewhere?
The HRA 2" lift kit includes them I believe, but I also bought a new set of bump stops directly from HRA earlier this year.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Tango said:
Not a colour I'm a fan of either, although considering he uses it offroad the bodywork and paint seemed flawless, really well looked after.
next time try to get some suspension pictures if you can and some details. I cant do that to mine but sure nice to dream

·
Registered
269 Posts
bandit86 said:
Tango said:
next time try to get some suspension pictures if you can and some details. I cant do that to mine but sure nice to dream

If I see it up close again in the future I'll snap a few shots for you :thumb:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bandit86:
Guess what I saw today:

So as you asked nicely...

Apparently its got:
4" suspention lift
3" body lift
Traction Control
35" Simex tyres
Arnot gen III air springs

More (BIGGER) pictures at:
Clicky!

Any trouble getting to the orginal size pictures let me know :thumb:

·
Registered
665 Posts
that is freaking sweet!!! i had the same lift on my first rover, 3.5" square tubing for spring spacers. Worked great but had lots of driveshaft vibes, needed the driveshaft realigned better

1 - 20 of 62 Posts