RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - wanted to quickly introduce myself and post a few pics. I'm a longtime RRS owner - we've had 7 in my family since 2005, so needless to say, we love them (the overall package - styling, interior, capabilities and exclusivity - is unmatched at its price point, in my opinion).

Two weeks ago I took my wife's 2013 RRS Lux in for its 3-year service. Had the day off when I picked it up and decided to test drive the new V8. I asked for a used model so that I could have some fun without thinking about revving out a brand new motor. sales guy threw me the keys and told me to go have some fun. I was blown away. I never would have imagined that the handling could have improved so much while being SO much more comfortable. I guess that's what a 10-year difference in chassis development will do. The V8 is just as gutsy as it has always been, but the 8-speed ZF trans takes it to another level in terms of responsiveness. what an amazing package.

After running a couple errands, I got back to the dealer and started to look through their inventory. I had a good idea of what I would want since I had built one online before to kill time, and they had a car that had just come in their inventory, which was **** close to how I would spec it (only difference is that it had the Driver's Assistance, which didn’t do much for me, and it was missing the tow package). If it were my own car, I prob would have gone for the red leather, but my wife is far more conservative.

I'll spare the play-by-play on the negotiations, but I signed the paperwork that day and had them prep the car for delivery the next day when my wife got back in town. she loves it.

Couldn’t be happier with the decision. We never had one single issue with the last one, but even if this doesn’t turn out to be as reliable, I’m thrilled with the upgrade.

Here’s a few iPhone pics after having my detail guy polish it to remove the dealer installed swirls and put on a coat of 22ple. I’m no photographer.

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

Only mods planned are black RANGE ROVER lettering front and rear (ordered), the LED reverse lamps and puddle lights on the doors (ordered – thanks Mrtund460z), and blacking out the silver in the side gills and the hood vents (not sure how to take care of those outside of just taking it to a body shop – any ideas would be appreciated).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on the new car.

I have the same setup in my garage. I have a 2015 RRS SC Dynamic and a 2015 F80 SS M3.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ps. I know this is a RR forum so apologies for the rabbit trail; but do you have the MPE on your M3? It looks like you have the CF tips. I have the CF diffusor and have been wanting to add the MPE.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
If anyone saw the drivel posted by Roverrevor and took offense, our apologies. Luckily another member saw it and shot me a PM quick time.
We try hard to snag the fools in their infancy, but sometimes one gets through.
If anyone else see's this stuff, under a new user name etc, please shoot one of us a pm or hit the "report post" button and we'll sort it out. Dont get into a P'ing match and get yourself in trouble in the meantime, we WILL sort it out. All the admins and moderators have jobs, families, life's and of course Rovers that take up our time., but we will get to it ASAP.
Thanks, carry on....

Martin

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ps. I know this is a RR forum so apologies for the rabbit trail; but do you have the MPE on your M3? It looks like you have the CF tips. I have the CF diffusor and have been wanting to add the MPE.
yes, I got the MPE. feel free to PM me with any questions

Brosef....... Look at my post today to see what it could look like. In ChiTown as well. :)
where did you take yours to get all that done? how did the shop take car of the hood vents and side vents? I assume those pop out. I'd love to be able to get those done without having to drop off the car for a couple days.

Congrats! Looks awesome!

BTW---my M3 was a similar color.
thanks. I figured there would be other sports car guys here. I might go try to photograph my M3 next to a blue SVR as the colors look so similar

·
Registered
32 Posts
Brosef.......Land Rover Hoffman Estates turned me on to the body shop they use. All trim, sills, rebadging and powdercoat of calipers done by a smaller outfit in Schaumburg called "Collision Service Center" (ask for Ernie who is the owner). Wheels were done by Chicago Wheel Service in Elk Grove. Took over a week to get everything done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts