RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used RRS and I think there are parts missing with the tool kit that has the jack in the cargo area. I was wondering if someone doesn't mind taking a quick photo of what is in there so I can see what is missing.

Thanks in advance.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I don't have a photo, but there are plenty of empty slots in that tray so you should not be too concerned that something might be missing. From recollection, here in North America we only get a cheap scissors jack with cranking levers/extensions (one of them has a hook at the end to pull the emergency park brake release cable, if you ever need to access that), a wheel lugs brace that doubles as handle for the scissors jack levers and the spare wheel winch, a screwdriver with reversible tip, and a couple of folding wheel chocks. That's about it, I think.

If you wanted to fully accessorize the tray with OEM accessories, this is what it would look like (with part #s):

·
Registered
1 Posts
So there is a LOT of wasted space in this area on the North American models. I'm tempted to cut out a lot of that foam so that I can store jumper cables and a flat took kit in that area. Anyone else ever do that to free up that space? I can't think that it would hurt the resale value too much. My Sport is a 2013 and I plan on keeping it for a long time... Thoughts?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
It's your rig, hack away at whatever you like. I doubt anyone actually inspects under the truck floor to notice. If it becomes an issue the inserts are cheap from the parts yards.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
So there is a LOT of wasted space in this area on the North American models. I'm tempted to cut out a lot of that foam so that I can store jumper cables and a flat took kit in that area. Anyone else ever do that to free up that space? I can't think that it would hurt the resale value too much. My Sport is a 2013 and I plan on keeping it for a long time... Thoughts?
The only thing to watch out for is that foam is the support for the boot area floor. The cover is far from structural and if you remove lots of the foam and put something heavy (like a 5 gallon bucket of paint or something) it could bow and break the floor cover.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Flat tool set and jumper cables go under the second row seat in my rig.

I've added the towing kit although I don't know why. I doubt I would ever get a spur of the moment need to tow something.

I have been looking (but not that hard) for a bottle jack that will fit in the provided slot.

I've also thrown in a few of the really large trash bags for when I get really muddy and don't want to leave mud everywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts