RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my new HST Thursday night. Unfortunately the rain has arrived in Seattle which makes taking a good photo pretty challenging. Rather than wait for the sun to reappear next July, I thought I'd brave the elements and snap a few pics.

And they put a bow on it at the dealers. That was pretty funny.

Rover-13.jpg Rover-11.jpg Rover.jpg Rover-5.jpg Rover-7.jpg Rover-8.jpg Rover-9.jpg

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,224 Posts
Looks great! Congrats. You need some mud flaps to keep the rockers cleaner. :razz:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! Congrats. You need some mud flaps to keep the rockers cleaner. :razz:
Good point - it's pretty clear in these pics that it is needed with the white colored panels.

I will be getting rails fitted this week, so I think I'll add mud flaps to the order.

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Congratulations!!!

Rhetorical question: how do you like it so far?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations!!!

Rhetorical question: how do you like it so far?
I know you said it was a rhetorical question, but I'll answer anyway.

:wink:

TLDR: I love it. Awesome car!

Coming from a Dynamic Evoque, I noticed a few differences. I know it is a different class of vehicle, but since it is the same brand I think it is still a relevant comparison:

Headroom: I'm 6'7", so headroom is always an issue for me in any car. The Evoque had awesome headroom because the fixed panoramic sun-roof extended over the driver so I had a good 2-3" of clearance. The HST comes with only one config, which is with a sliding panoramic roof. This means the Sport has less headroom than the Eovque, because it the housing for a sliding roof eats into the headroom. So, believe it or not, in some seating positions - like looking over my shoulder to reverse - my head can occasionally touch the roof lining of the HST. Not really an issue, just something that I have noticed.

Handling: Definitely feels a lot more substantial on the road than the Evoque (of course), and obviously more "truck-like". Acceleration is much smoother too; the Evoque often felt kind of "twitchy" under acceleration at lower speeds. I'm also enjoying the elevated ride position on the Sport.

Torque: I live on a hill in the city and on some steeper inclines it feels a tiny bit sluggish going up the hills at low speed. Once you get a little momentum, it climbs effortlessly though.

Power: I did test drive the both the HSE V6 and the SCV8. I know a lot of people love the people love both the sound and the power of the V8, but I never really considered it. All I know is that the HST's 380hp is plenty for me.

Ride Quality: Much better than the Evoque which is pretty harsh on rough and bumpy city roads. Even on the HST's 21" wheels, the ride is much smoother and refined. It is also noticeably quieter.

Infotainment System: Believe it or not, the system on the HST is way better than the (2012) Evoque in terms of responsiveness. On the Evoque I could count out a full five seconds between screens - it was absolutely ridiculous. The next generation system (on the Evoque?) looks much improved.

Appearance: I think the new Sport looks fantastic, and I love the HST trim in particular with the dark accents. The dark satin wheels are very, very cool. While it doesn't stand out the same way the Evoque did when it was first released, the RRS is still quite distinctive. I confess that I did consider the Cayenne (traitor!), but I just just never really loved the styling. The Cayenne has gone from flat-out ugly in the first generation, to a much improved "OK-looking". The Sport, for me, is the best looking SUV on the road, bar none.

I was hoping to go a road trip this weekend to really put the HST through its paces, but the weather was just miserable here in the northwest. I want to get a sense of both highway cruising and a little off-road ability.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I want those door handles on ATB now. `) just gorgeous!
Weather is miserable? Isnt that what these things are made for? It wont even notice even with summer tires on unless its icy and snowing. You can test out the highway manners just fine. :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Gorgeous! Just went on a 800 mile road trip and the Range drove like a dream, quite and smooth.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You answered my rhetorical question Elemental, haha, and nice Photo's by the way.

Sorry about your weather, but one thing is for sure, the RRS handles heavy rain unbelievably well, it's so sure footed and doesn't deviate at all through deep Puddles.

I have owned mine for six weeks and 500 miles now, I traded a 14.5 HSE on it, and have to say, right off the Bat, the build has improved quite a bit in some very noticeable ways, for instance, the Doors close with a more solid "Thunk", it's quieter, smoother and somehow feels more substantial. I have to say though, I did love my 14.5, it was completely problem free, but the HST feels like a different vehicle in a way.

Anyway, enjoy!!:thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want those door handles on ATB now. `) just gorgeous!
Weather is miserable? Isnt that what these things are made for? It wont even notice even with summer tires on unless its icy and snowing. You can test out the highway manners just fine. :thumb:
Regarding the weather - I wasn't concerned at all about taking the car out for a road trip - it was the kids. My wife was out of town so I was in solo-Dad mode for the weekend and I tried to sell the kids (ages 8 & 14) on the idea of a road trip...."hey kids, let's get in the new car and drive for hours and hours this weekend to the coast, where it'll be freezing cold and pouring down rain the entire time. And then we'll drive for hours the next day to get home".

Their response? "Um, no thanks".

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Should have found them a babysitter to watch them play computer games, while you took the road trip `)

·
Banned
363 Posts
You answered my rhetorical question Elemental, haha, and nice Photo's by the way.

Sorry about your weather, but one thing is for sure, the RRS handles heavy rain unbelievably well, it's so sure footed and doesn't deviate at all through deep Puddles.

I have owned mine for six weeks and 500 miles now, I traded a 14.5 HSE on it, and have to say, right off the Bat, the build has improved quite a bit in some very noticeable ways, for instance, the Doors close with a more solid "Thunk", it's quieter, smoother and somehow feels more substantial. I have to say though, I did love my 14.5, it was completely problem free, but the HST feels like a different vehicle in a way.

Anyway, enjoy!!:thumb:
Did you have soft door close on either?

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
`) @ McRover

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Did you have soft door close on either?
Yes, the HSE did, the. HST doesn't.

Me to passengers: " the doors close themselves"

Passengers: Sitting there waiting with Arms folded. " they do? When"?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts