Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a used set of 20" Stormers off of e-bay and had them 2-step powdercoated. I had them listed for sale here on the forum, had no takers (glad I didn't), so I decided to put them on my RRS. These wheels in this color look better than I could have ever expected. Tires are Yokohama Parada Spec-X. A little less steering response than the stock Mich's BUT way quieter and a very smoother ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just placed an order myself for the Parada Spec-X tires for my brand-new 2011 LUX. 275/40-20. The Michelin Latitude Diamaris that came with the car are obviously a high-quality tire, and chosen by LR corporate due to their "GREEN X" Michelin categorization for "low rolling resistance" to aid with fuel economy and what not, but I am NOT gonna be dealing with a 220 treadwear tire on a 5500 lb vehicle, and the associated replacement costs over the coming few years. No thanks! Not to mention they are useless in our New England climate Dec - April of course, being a summer tire.

I did a lot of homework on the Yokos and amongst many reviews, RRS or other SUVs, the vast majority not only have only positive things to say, but most who have used it in snow said they are more than good enough.

I was able to get them through special order at the local tire shop around the corner from my house for less than TireRack's price, zero shipping (but I pay tax of course, which is less than TR's shipping charge), and a good discount on the installation cuz I ordered through them, not bought on my own and brought over.

From what I can tell, for a < $200 this tire is the best choice. I contemplated getting dedicated winter tires, but eh, I don't want to bother with tire swap 2x a year, storage, more chance for my rims to get dinged during installs ... etc. And besides the Mrs. and I won't ever venture out in this thing in atrocious conditions anyway so from what I can tell these Yokos do an excellent job for an A/S tire.

I plan to sell my brand-new Diamaris. I'll post them up on the FOR-SALE section of this site among eBay etc.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smart man you are...I love the Mich Priamacy tires on my wife's MB C300 4matic BUT these stock Mich Diamaris tires on the RRS get to be annoying loud as they wear and they are a non-starter in winter. The Yoko's are quiet enough that I hear the exhaust now over the tire noise!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Haha, BWB my wife has the same Benz :) And yes, we've had it for 2 1/2 years and I've never had 1 complaint of those OEM conti's that came with it. Cornering hard, braking hard, nary a squeal. The 1st set was just replaced recently, and they lasted 40,000 miles! But that's expected given their 500 treadwear rating, I think.

Yeah ... on our heavy SUVs ... the Diamaris will be toast in ~15k miles for many of us .... I am not buying multiple sets of those for the next couple of years @ $460+ a pop!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.