RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you remember I ended up 'giving' my MY18 back to the dealer because of the lemon issues I was having with the nav/Entertainment/displays. I live too far away from the dealer to have those recurring problems. Ordered a '19, pretty much exactly like my '18 and it arrived at the dealer Monday. I hope to have better luck with this one than the last one.

I've been following the CarPlay thread and am hoping the dealer can get me the latest update with CP working. I'll post pics after I pick it up next week.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Haven't been on here in a while,

Any changes for the 19 model year?

Apple Carplay is coming?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The '19 is basically the same as the '18, hopefully with the infotainment bugs fixed. Other minor changes.

Yes, CP is coming. My dealer said it will not be an OTA update. He's trying to get an early release to get it installed on my car before Monday, since I live 300 miles away.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is car play confirmed ? Mine is supposed to be reaching the port today. If that is the case I’ll also ask my dealer to get the car play installed before the delivery.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
23 Posts
Hi, Congrat, i also give back my 18 and got my 19 about 3 weeks ago, just wondering what was your lemon issue? mine was seat leather defect and persist error on Adaptive cruise control under certain condition. I love 19 but i still have ACC error.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
23 Posts
My 18 RR seat leather was defect, it was msrp 107k and I got 100k for trade in value.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My problem was the nav/dual screen bugs that couldn't be worked out. I'm still working on the financial details with the dealer.

I posted in the CarPlay thread that my dealer received an email from JLRNA that the MY19's can't be retrofitted with CarPlay if they weren't ordered that way. MY18 and earlier can be. Doesn't make any sense to me. I told my dealer if that is indeed the case, I'm going to reject this car and not take delivery. He's confirming the situation on Monday.

·
Registered
159 Posts
@SkywaterRover -- I also had a conversation with my dealer about CarPlay on an incoming MY19 (before Smartphone Connectivity was an option), build date Oct 26 -- I told them I want to cancel and reorder if it cannot be added (given it's just a software change and car hasn't even been built yet, they should be able to amend the build) -- they are going to sort it out with LR on Monday. Being a long time LR customer (since '97) these shenanigans are troubling...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cancelled my order for my '19. I was able to see it at the dealership today - gorgeous.

I rebought the '18 that I 'gave back to the dealer' as a temporary winter vehicle. Kind of weird driving it again but it does seem like the bugs that made me sell it back are gone.

I am going to reorder another '18 with smartphone connectivity. Don't have a build date yet but I won't get it for 4-6 months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts