RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lurking in these forums for a while, I finally decided to pull the trigger and upgrade from a BMW X5 to a Range Rover Sport. I amended a dealer order to my specifications and waited about 2.5 months for delivery. After picking up my car yesterday, I can say that so far I'm thrilled with my decision.

In case it's helpful for anyone in the future:

Order Amended: 7/26/18
Submitted to Build: 8/9/18
Built: 9/6/18
On Ship: 9/9/18
On Truck to Retailer: 9/27/18
At Retailer: 9/28/18
Retailed: 10/1/18

Now I just need to get used to the auto start/stop function...

RRS 1.jpg RRS 2.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Beautiful Rover congrats!

Is the auto start/stop defeatable? Can you turn it off in a menu? I had it in my Q5 and 340i, I always had the system in Sport mode so it was turned off. It was always so violent when it turned back on, that it was annoying.

I must say I had a loaner 330i hybrid and that was the only vehicle that the start/stop was pretty seamless. When accelerating, it would start with battery power and the motor would kick on at the same time, so it was hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oneway: Thanks. Yes, I can turn it off on the menu when I start the car. However, it automatically reverts back to automatic start/stop every time the car is turned off and then turned back on. From the threads in here, it doesn't look like there is a work around for newer models.

kjw86ca: Thanks. I think it completely depends on the dealer. I talked to several. Some were entirely unwilling to budge on price (especially with a custom build), but the dealership near me was more flexible. Around here, I think you could get off $2,000 - $3,000.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
599 Posts
That is a beautiful color combination. The interior sure is sharp. There are a few threads on this board about the Velocity tune and I believe that will disable the stop-start permanently. That is something to consider if it drives you nuts.

Steve

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The easiest way to turn start/stop off is to configure the default lower screen from “climate” to “vehicle” in the menu, then when you start the car the stop/start button is always immediately accessible in the top right corner. It saves toggling between the two screens on start up.

conratulations by the way!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got in the habit first with a Velar, and now with my SVR to turn off the auto stop/start as part of my startup routine and now don't even think about it. but it it is annoying that it can't stay off but I read somewhere that Land Rover has to do it this way to comply with some sort of efficiency rating.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Do you guys find that there's a delay before you can de-activate the start/stop? I also set my startup lower screen to be Vehicle settings, but the start/stop button is not tap-able upon engine start. I have to a few seconds or just start driving and get back to it later. Is this by design?

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
I have seen with some other cars some aftermarket OBDII modules that change the default setting for auto start / stop to off so you dont have to toggle it every time you start. I have not down the research yet but wonder if such a module exists for RR Sport?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Do you guys find that there's a delay before you can de-activate the start/stop? I also set my startup lower screen to be Vehicle settings, but the start/stop button is not tap-able upon engine start. I have to a few seconds or just start driving and get back to it later. Is this by design?

-ThinkMac-
Ive got into the habit of waiting what seems like about 15 seconds for the screens to boot up fully before trying to access anything, including stop/start. I learned after the first week that if I didn’t odd things like the reverse camera wouldn’t work.

I don’t think it’s by design, it just takes that long for everything to boot up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts