RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
98 Posts
Depends on miles and type of driving. For a lease I wouldn’t think it would be worth it unless you’re planning on purchasing the RRS at the end of the term. If you’re doing a lot of highway miles you should be able to find someone to do the front bumper for a couple hundred.

Any wheel pictures are appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah seems hard to justify on a lease. Even if you live on a gravel road it’d still probably be cheaper to have the front end touched up before returning it.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
197 Posts
Interesting. A detailer near me offers a 3m clear bra install of the entire front of the car for around $1500. Wonder if thats worth it?
Wow, that sounds expensive - I had the whole car wrapped for about that price: from the bottom up to the window sills, quarter bonnet, and rear bumper. Mostly this is to avoid scratches when off-roading.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,075 Posts
I looked back in 2015 and it was $1200 for opticoat pro plus for the vehicle and another $500 for the rims, so it was $1700 for the entire vehicle to have ceramic coating. This was the best available ceramic coating at the time. I don't cut corners or go with budget options.

I'm going to research things like color chip repairs, because I'd rather just fix chips that way instead of staring at marks and areas that have bubbled up in the xpel. Maybe color chips aren't the way to go, but I'll worry about it when I get my next vehicle.

If it's a lease I honestly wouldn't spend a dime on a clear bra or ceramic coating unless you think there's any way you are going to keep the car. It's not exactly analogous but it would be like installing expensive landscaping or a generator for a house you are renting.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I got a quote today for some Xpel PPF. They are asking for $2300 for full paint prep, removal of letters off the hood and new letters, and then Xpel on the hood, bumper, A/B/C pillars, and side mirrors. Is this a ripoff or decent deal?
Hell no!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts