RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been my dream car for literally 20 years. Feels surreal to be driving it. Im in absolutely love. Ive already thrown some WeatherTech floor mats in, and ceramic coated the entire thing the day I got it with Pinnacle Black Diamond Coating. 2 things I cannot figure out. 1) What the hell does it mean when there is a picture of 3 chairs on the dash screen, and 2) How do I change it so it doesn't always default to freaking FM radio as the media source when I get in. I want it to default to Sirius XM but cant find a menu to do that. Help?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
197 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
289 Posts
I thought they had addressed the radio issue in a past update?

I’m not on the latest software so I can’t comment, but it’s supposed to remember your last source and go back to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, the 2017 has a different graphic which shows five seats, the seats turn green if someone clicks in a seat belt. It's handy with kids, or you can just turn around and ask... Congrats on the new ride, looks great!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I can relate--I've wanted a Range Rover ever since high school in the mid-90s. It's a wonderful feeling to have one sitting in the driveway.

Great looking ride--congrats!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! Still doesn't even feel real. Its one of those purchases that's so nice all I can think about is how it will get dinged and scratched up every time I drive it lol. Talk about first world problems

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
98 Posts
I'm not sure if PPF is an option but that would certainly eliminate your fears of scratching it! Drive it and enjoy! I think the RRS looks great in white. I've yet to see an HST in person, if you could post a close up picture of the wheels that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure if PPF is an option but that would certainly eliminate your fears of scratching it! Drive it and enjoy! I think the RRS looks great in white. I've yet to see an HST in person, if you could post a close up picture of the wheels that would be appreciated.
Interesting. A detailer near me offers a 3m clear bra install of the entire front of the car for around $1500. Wonder if thats worth it?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I've done clear bras on two vehicles now (3M and now Xpel) and probably will not do it again in the future. The clear bra gets nicks and marks from rocks as well that look like chips in the paint. Sure it's protecting the paint underneath but unless you change out the film the unsightly appearance is still there.

I'd definitely get ceramic coating though, that is worth the $1500 no question. I'll always get it on my vehicles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've done clear bras on two vehicles now (3M and now Xpel) and probably will not do it again in the future. The clear bra gets nicks and marks from rocks as well that look like chips in the paint. Sure it's protecting the paint underneath but unless you change out the film the unsightly appearance is still there.

I'd definitely get ceramic coating though, that is worth the $1500 no question. I'll always get it on my vehicles.
Interesting. Didn't think about that. Couldn't you just take a heat gun to the film and it heals itself? The day I picked it up I did a pinnacle black label polish followed up with a heavy coat of pinnacle black label ceramic coating. Its a 3 year lease so it does seem kinda crazy to spend almost 2k on a film just for 3 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ceramic coating would be well over $1500 unless you get the lowest possible protection - and at that rate its not worth the money.

If your PPF is so dinged you are annoyed looking at it imagine what your paint would look like! We did not protect one car of the last 5 we purchased and wish we had, the hood and bumper are so chipped up. Even if you peel it off after 2 years, you still have a clean front end, way cheaper than a new paint job.

We did my wifes car in XPEL Ultimate last June and it still looks perfect, even after driving on roads under construction all last summer into late fall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations! It's been my dream SUV too for 17 years. Mine arrives mid-March. Same color scheme! I really hope the questionable reliability does not become an issue.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats! Best RRS trim IMO for the price..said my bias opinion. I’m on my 2nd HST. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I got a quote today for some Xpel PPF. They are asking for $2300 for full paint prep, removal of letters off the hood and new letters, and then Xpel on the hood, bumper, A/B/C pillars, and side mirrors. Is this a ripoff or decent deal?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts