RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently picked up a 1989 Range Rover (89,200 miles).. this is the first time I have owned a Range Rover, so I'm trying to soak up as much knowledge and info that I can about these beauties.

The only work that I have had done on the Rover is:

- A complete rehaul of the brake system (all 4 - brake pads, rotors, calipers, seals, brake lines)
- Replaced all 4 shocks
- Replaced Steering Damper
- Replaced the rear radius arm bushings

- New Cooper Discover ATP tires!

There are a couple of things that I would like to do cosmetically like order the two missing bumper pieces, sand down the surface rust on the pillars and spray them black, renew the Range Rover decal on the hood, and various other little things.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this one and any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_8139.jpg IMG_8143.jpg IMG_8145.jpg IMG_8207.jpg IMG_8217.jpg IMG_8156.jpg IMG_8157.jpg IMG_8160.jpg IMG_8161.jpg IMG_8167.jpg

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks very clean! Congratulations.
For the bumper end caps, check with Paul Grant. He is one of my goto's for used parts. Here's his eBay store but if you don't see any send him a message. http://stores.ebay.com/Classic-Rover...p2047675.l2563. I can't tell for sure from the pics but it looks like you'll need mounting bits that attach to the fenders. He may also have your missing wood trim pieces.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
143 Posts
Very Nice!

Ride height looks a bit high. Did to adjust that when you did the shocks?:confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks awesome and congrats on the new Rover!

I would download the RAVE manual, it will help with solving issues. I believe there is a sticky at the top thread.

Also looks like you have genuine LWB mats in the rear, they still sell SWB mats new and the LWB mats I hear are worth ALOT of money because LR does not make them anymore. Just a thought..

May be worth doing a compression/leak down test just to have a base of what your engine stats are, head gaskets are a known issue on these motors.

Then the typical fluids/filters etc to know you have a good base of when everything was changed.

Most of all enjoy the truck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks very clean! Congratulations.
For the bumper end caps, check with Paul Grant. He is one of my goto's for used parts. Here's his eBay store but if you don't see any send him a message. http://stores.ebay.com/Classic-Rover...p2047675.l2563. I can't tell for sure from the pics but it looks like you'll need mounting bits that attach to the fenders. He may also have your missing wood trim pieces.
Thank you! I'll definitely check out what he has. I've also looked at Atlantic British and they stock up many parts. I haven't seen the wood trim pieces on there though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very Nice!

Ride height looks a bit high. Did to adjust that when you did the shocks?:confused:
Thanks! It does feel high, but again, this is my first time driving a Range Rover Classic. They didn't do any kind of lift when the shocks went on. The tires I put in are a bit taller than stock, so maybe that's it? Does it really look higher than others?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks awesome and congrats on the new Rover!

I would download the RAVE manual, it will help with solving issues. I believe there is a sticky at the top thread.

Also looks like you have genuine LWB mats in the rear, they still sell SWB mats new and the LWB mats I hear are worth ALOT of money because LR does not make them anymore. Just a thought..

May be worth doing a compression/leak down test just to have a base of what your engine stats are, head gaskets are a known issue on these motors.

Then the typical fluids/filters etc to know you have a good base of when everything was changed.

Most of all enjoy the truck!
Thanks!! I'll make sure to download that.

I honestly thought that the mats were supposed to ride up to the seat for complete coverage, but if they are genuine LWB mats, then I may be interested in flipping them for SWB mats.

Will get the engine tested. It's been running perfectly so far!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this one of the rare Hunter version's made for the U.S market in green or did they only came in the Beige colour. Lovely vehicle though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks!! I'll make sure to download that.

I honestly thought that the mats were supposed to ride up to the seat for complete coverage, but if they are genuine LWB mats, then I may be interested in flipping them for SWB mats.

Will get the engine tested. It's been running perfectly so far!

PM sent regarding rear mats.

Beautiful truck! What size tire are you running? Thanks! Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts