RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally into a Range after a failed Full-size Range SC Order in 2016. Dealer was too greedy.Anywho, I picked up a 2018 RRS over the weekend. Fuji White on Pimento with 22 gloss black rims. Saw Yulong white right next to it, Fuji is way sharper imo. They were discounting a 2017 heavily but the 2018 is well worth the premium. The new lights and interior refresh are all charmingly redone. It's replacing the family hauler BMW F15 X5. The range is 1000 times better! Rides nicely, love all the tech as well as multiple language supports! The new heads up display is huge and very useful. For the moment, I'm enjoying it over my G63 lol, car is very refined.Got a question about the DRL. Do they not come on when the lights are on Auto? All my cars have DRL regardless of ambient lighting conditions and I want that on the range.I'll edit the post on the phone and hopefully upload some photos.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
294 Posts
congrats! Ya I think every North American RR has DRL's. Note they turn on only when vehicle is in Drive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Hmm so you're saying they're not on when Car is on and in Parked? I'll have to check while it's in motion then. The manual state it turns on pending ambient lighting conditions so I was assuming it wouldn't turn on during a sunny day.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
294 Posts
That's my experience with prior years, I don't have an 18 yet and they do have new headlights. The headlights I believe turn on regardless of drive or park, as long as the car is on and it's dark out. The DRL's come on in the day time when in drive.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
they come on when you put the car in drive.They'r DRLs, have nothing to do with the ambient light.That's the proper lights vs DRLs selection, but that only happens when you set the lights to auto.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
26 Posts
I have a 2018 RRS, I was confused by the DRLs too coming from a bmw, below comment is spot on. I thought they’d be on no matter what like on bmw, but they only come on when in D, and regardless of ambient light, so long as setting is on auto

they come on when you put the car in drive.They'r DRLs, have nothing to do with the ambient light.That's the proper lights vs DRLs selection, but that only happens when you set the lights to auto.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eh it would not let me edit and add photos so here it is at the bottom or middle lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2018 RRS, I was confused by the DRLs too coming from a bmw, below comment is spot on. I thought they’d be on no matter what like on bmw, but they only come on when in D, and regardless of ambient light, so long as setting is on auto
Yeah in the BMW, theyre on or off regardless. If it's only in D, then it would make sense as to why they weren't on when I was trying to take a pic lol.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. It's beautiful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts