Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 LRRR SC
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For owners with the Piano Black interior trim, how hard is it to keep the gloss black surface scratch free? Any tips on cleaning and scratch removal techniques? Thank you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
For owners with the Piano Black interior trim, how hard is it to keep the gloss black surface scratch free? Any tips on cleaning and scratch removal techniques? Thank you.
My only guess would have been to have a clear bra installer try to cover it but its really hard. I'd like to know if anyone comes up with any decent ideas. I kind of just write off the fact this will be a tough trim to keep perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Enjoy your stuff while you are here ... you can't take it with you ... the guy your wife starts dating after you are gone will probably scratch it the first time he drives it 8-0= `).

I take care of things, but not to the extreme that I don't get to enjoy using those things.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Haha LOL :joy: Love the humour Soulsea. I'm single, so no divorce papers for me, but maybe friendships might be on the line if one approaches the cup holder without proper authorisation haha!

But to the OP, I believe that a clear bra on the trim is the best option, like stated above, just like clear bra on the pillars, to avoid them being scratched or marred.

The piano black trim looks good with two tone interior colour combinations, such as the Ebony/Ivory colour combination for my build. I don't want too many colours in the interior, so I know going with the Piano Black will need TLC the duration of the vehicle, but nonetheless, like Ms. MDX said, have to enjoy what you paid for!

I take great care of my belongings, especially electronics and vehicles, even to a point of OCD sometimes, but what you want has to look good, and at the same time, enjoyable.

Hope you enjoy your beast with everything you want on it!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Classic
107 Posts
Fear not everyone, even bad sractches in the piano black trim can be removed quite easily with compound and a little buffing. My detailer took some really bad ones out of the black trim on my last Range Rover. It's actually a lot easier than removing scratches on the paint. Getting them out of the plastic side pillars is a little more difficult but easy enough with compounds designed for plastic.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That is so good to know, because the piano black in prestine condition looks absolutely immaculate, my favourite trim.

For the pillars, a member (Vaser) recommended clear bra on pillars, and I'll take his advice on that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is much much more durable than you think. If you lay keys on a surface like that and just slide them around... Well what do you expect? The surface is very tough and if you scratch it, then it's extremely easy to polish out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am having my dealer swap out piano black for the macasser brownwood... (I have santorini black w ebony interior and headliner)... The piano black looks kinda ikea cheap to me for some reason imo! Apparently this is very labor intensive to do and will require a whole day in july, but thats what i wanted and i didnt do a custom build and wait- so for me to buy the one i did on the floor they agreed to do this for free (including swapping the wheel out)....i just think the brownwood looks really nice against the black leather

·
Registered
65 Posts
To anyone....

If you were to go with the all ivory interior with Ebony dash, would you pair the interior colour with the piano black trim or one of the other wood veneers?

I like simple and clean look, and with the Ivory interior with Ebony dash, the piano black trim keeps the number of colours in the vehicle to 2, so to speak, with a dark exterior colour, Mariana, Santorini, or Loire.

But with the maintenance of piano black trim, and easy scratches, one of the wood veneers would seem like a better choice, and that's 3 colours in the interior, so to speak, which isn't too bad.

Still stuck on which trim to get and which looks best and clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.