Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
169 Posts
Hellooooooo!

Just bought my first RR a day or so ago online, 2006 supercharged, it will be here next week (haven't seen it in person). It's got the piano black interior (actual photo):

View attachment 9892

and I'm pretty sure I'd rather have this interior:

View attachment 9891

I'm not 100% sure I want to do the swap (would like to see it in person first), or even if I can get the pieces off without damaging them! Provided I can though, do you know of a 'cheap' place where I can just purchase the cherry colored wood pieces let me know. Have to be excellent quality tho. I know Apsis will do it but they are so friggin expensive

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover Sport, 2014 Range Rover
347 Posts
Re: Piano Black interior swap

Sherwood dash may make wood kits for the FFRR. If you were to buy them all from Land Rover, no doubt they would add up to $5-10k.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone may want to trade with you. The piano black is considered a premium interior item.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Overall I don't think the pieces are too bad. I replaced all the laquer door trim pieces on my 08 and they were $80 each and if I remember correctly the natural wood parts were about the same. I know the dash parts are a bit more expensive but I bet it can all be done for under $1500.

·
Registered
347 Posts
There is no way you can buy new wood trim pieces for around $80 each. Maybe if you can find them used, but not new.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no way you can buy new wood trim pieces for around $80 each. Maybe if you can find them used, but not new.
Even if it came out to 1500 dollars, that's still wayyy more than is necessary for a wood trim upgrade lol. I'll just hold out for someone else who wants to swap. I'll post up pictures and detail the condition of my trim when I get the car next week.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I just checked Sherwood Dash. They do make kits for the 2006 Range Rover, however they are kits to compliment the factory wood trim, not replace the existing pieces.

·
Registered
50 Posts
boo, maybe before you say its not possible you should have some facts.

https://www.partswebsite.com/jaguar...d=30188&subcatid=32473&section=129&type=parts

Those are the front door wood trim. I got black lacquer from my local dealer for $81 each. The rears are about the same. Even from that site they aren't a ton of money.

Don't buy any parts on sleezebay before doing your homework. I've seen people trying to sell used parts for 5-6 times what they are new.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
boo, maybe before you say its not possible you should have some facts.

https://www.partswebsite.com/jaguar...d=30188&subcatid=32473&section=129&type=parts

Those are the front door wood trim. I got black lacquer from my local dealer for $81 each. The rears are about the same. Even from that site they aren't a ton of money.

Don't buy any parts on sleezebay before doing your homework. I've seen people trying to sell used parts for 5-6 times what they are new.

Thanks, honestly I'm not going to be spending money to 'downgrade' my interior. I'll consider the swap once I get my car this week, but I'm certainly not spending that kind of money for a bunch of trim pieces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.