RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like our options are very limited. I've only come across Naviks and NavTool thus far, and they both seem to have pretty poor ratings. Given the limited market, i proceeded to call both companies hoping to be convinced to overlook their poor online ratings.

Boy was i wrong. Both guys seemed very annoyed that i called. I asked some basic questions regarding how this will look when done, how many wires will be exposed, etc. and they got frustrated in a instant. Basically said "it's a mirroring module, it works perfect, what more do you need to know? Buy it and you will see. We sell thousands of these".

Naturally, the brief conversations told me everything i needed to know, so here i am looking for a decent alternative.

Has anyone had any luck with a mirroring device, video+audio? What are your thoughts? Even if you have one of these two, how is it?

All i want is to be able to have WAZE on the main screen and to have the ability to watch videos on the "big" screen, with good audio & video quality. NavTool claims be USA made, and I hear is a bit better quality, so I was leaning that way.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
I went with Naviks for the video in motion and phone pairing. Did the install myself & the video in motion worked seamlessly, plug and play. The module for phone pairing was bit more work, it needs to be wired to 12V power and the wiring diagram they provided did not work as they said it would. They were very helpful over the phone and did video chat and took about 4=5 of my calls in a 60 minute span and were very patient and helpful. For my fix i just decided to buy a plug in 12V charger that plugs into the module and that was all it needed for me to pair my phone to the OEM screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts