RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Don't bother. Those cradles were never that popular to begin with (they were only available for a handful of now-ancient Nokia phones, since not surprisingly Nokia was the manufacturer of the PTI system in 2005-2008 models) and Land Rover is no longer supplying or supporting them. If you do find them used on eBay or similar sites, they will only be compatible with handsets that nobody has used in years. Bluetooth is the only way to go - with its limitations. If you want to reclaim some storage space from your center console, you can safely remove that useless cradle receiver, you will never use it. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
umbertob said:
Don't bother. Those cradles were never that popular to begin with (they were only available for a handful of now-ancient Nokia phones, since not surprisingly Nokia was the manufacturer of the PTI system in 2005-2008 models) and Land Rover is no longer supplying or supporting them. If you do find them used on eBay or similar sites, they will only be compatible with handsets that nobody has used in years. Bluetooth is the only way to go - with its limitations. If you want to reclaim some storage space from your center console, you can safely remove that useless cradle receiver, you will never use it. :wink:
Yes, I know that bluetooth is the way to go but I'm hearing that the cradle phone is great for reception so I just wanted to have that option in the time of need. If i can't find one for a good deal then it's no big deal because the bluetooth is working fine for now. Maybe I'll just remove the cradle option all together and get back some storage space as you stated. I guess I would have to find the part number for the replacement part to remove the cradle option.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
331 Posts
Good for you. I was going to go this route when I first got my 05 a few months ago but went ahead and got my bluetooth fixed instead......600 bucks later. Does the nokia hard mounted phone option turn down the stereo when a call is coming in?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
196 Posts
If I can remember it all you should get volume turned down on calls , phone book , text in ,text out , call register , phone book scroll on steering wheel and last number died on steering wheel all that plus the better reception from the roof mounted arial .
I gave up with the bluetooth and i-Phone malarkey , it was never going to work that well any way and got a cradle and Nokia 6320i on fleebay and I just transfer my calls when I get to my car :thumb:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
666 Posts
Nokia 6230I are plentiful if not as cheap as you'd expect - check the screen is stable no flicker, handsfree setup if not used before needs 'activating' = simply plug into the cradle go into options and select handsfree just need to do it once

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there, I have an old cradle & phone from my 2003 RR HSE. I replaced it with the bluetooth adapter that I bought from this guy in Austin, TX. It's a simple plug & play, as the electronic module is a BMW X5 designed part. It is original BMW OEM.

It allows you to work your phone through the steering wheel, integrates into your nav system (or not, but you have to tell him if you don't have a nav system) and you can see your phone directory, etc. I am no expert with cars, but like to tinker now and then and I had no trouble following his directions and doing it in about 20 minutes.

http://www.roverupgrades.com/Range_Rove ... t_Kit.html

Alternatively, I am happy to sell you my phone cradle, the electronic module that sits in the rear cargo compartment (left hand side, under the removable cover) and the phone.

Highly recomend the Bluetooth option though, works flawlessly and I've had it for over 3 years now.

Please let me know.
Cheers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi. New to this forum. Just picked up an 06 RR HSE (MKIII). I understand that bluetooth was standard on the 06 and even checked on Land Rover's website with the VIN, but can't for the life of me figure out how to work it. When I push the phone button I get "Phone not fitted" message. I've turnd the bluetooth to discoverable on the iPhone 3GS and motorola razor and still nothing. inside the center armrest, I see a connector but not sure what that is for.
Can someone help with the bluetooth issue? Am I missing a part or a step in setting it up.
Your help is appreciated.
Omar

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Onash said:
Hi. New to this forum. Just picked up an 06 RR HSE (MKIII). I understand that bluetooth was standard on the 06 and even checked on Land Rover's website with the VIN, but can't for the life of me figure out how to work it. When I push the phone button I get "Phone not fitted" message. I've turnd the bluetooth to discoverable on the iPhone 3GS and motorola razor and still nothing. inside the center armrest, I see a connector but not sure what that is for.
Can someone help with the bluetooth issue? Am I missing a part or a step in setting it up.
Your help is appreciated.
Omar
DId you follow the bluetooth pairing instructions in the Range Rover Owners manual? If I'm not mistaken, the key has to be in the ignition switched on when you put your phone in pairing mode.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
The '06 must have a special procedure. I paired my iPhone with the '08 in a matter of seconds. Just went into my bluetooth settings on the phone and clicked "LAND ROVER" and then confirmed it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts