RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys,
I purchased a 2003 vogue in feb and really loved .i just acquired a 2006 sport fully loaded with the refrigerator and screens in the headrest and whatnot. Pretty different ride compared to the 2003....in every aspect. I love both but haven't decided which is my fav. I kind of like the "manly" dominating effect the vogue possesses. Also, tiny little things that bug me on the 06 like the window switches being a far stretch from the driver. Also, I find the buttons and switches in the 06 so delicate like they are about to snap....Great truck all in all.
I have a question that Google, the search function on here and my owners manual have not been able to answer for me.
I am successful in connection my blackberry tour to the truck via Bluetooth. But every time its connected, it ALWAYS stays connected. once am done a call and its supposed to just return back to radio or cd, it doesn't. it just shows the phone handle in a lifted position on the screen. If i press and hold down the end call button on the steering wheel , it ends for a sec and the cd comes back on for a sec but it automatically goes back to showing the phone handle on the screen and the music/radio is automatically suspended.
Only way, i can stop this is if i kill connection between phone and truck by turning off Bluetooth on my phone after every call. But that defeats purpose of having that feature.
is there something am missing? or an upgrade am lacking?
Also, search answered this but just wondering if anyone has an update, Are the dealers the absolutely only way to getting an extra key fob and key cut and programmed? Anyone finally had any luck with the ebay fobs and blanks on ebay for instance?

Thanks in advance

olddog

·
Registered
318 Posts
olddog said:
hello guys,
I purchased a 2003 vogue in feb and really loved .i just acquired a 2006 sport fully loaded with the refrigerator and screens in the headrest and whatnot. Pretty different ride compared to the 2003....in every aspect. I love both but haven't decided which is my fav. I kind of like the "manly" dominating effect the vogue possesses. Also, tiny little things that bug me on the 06 like the window switches being a far stretch from the driver. Also, I find the buttons and switches in the 06 so delicate like they are about to snap....Great truck all in all.
I have a question that Google, the search function on here and my owners manual have not been able to answer for me.
I am successful in connection my blackberry tour to the truck via Bluetooth. But every time its connected, it ALWAYS stays connected. once am done a call and its supposed to just return back to radio or cd, it doesn't. it just shows the phone handle in a lifted position on the screen. If i press and hold down the end call button on the steering wheel , it ends for a sec and the cd comes back on for a sec but it automatically goes back to showing the phone handle on the screen and the music/radio is automatically suspended.
Only way, i can stop this is if i kill connection between phone and truck by turning off Bluetooth on my phone after every call. But that defeats purpose of having that feature.
is there something am missing? or an upgrade am lacking?
Also, search answered this but just wondering if anyone has an update, Are the dealers the absolutely only way to getting an extra key fob and key cut and programmed? Anyone finally had any luck with the ebay fobs and blanks on ebay for instance?

Thanks in advance

olddog
can't help you but to say i am having the same problem. got an upgrade from the dealer, worked great then one day it just got stuck on 'Phone 1' and i couldn't hear the radio. Have to disconnect bluetooth in order to hear the radio, rendering my hands free device worthless. Wonder if it has something to do with the phone's OS? Anyone?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine always stays connected. but what I do when I want to return ot the radio is I push the "C" button and to goes back to the radio. Its on the left side right under menu I think. Just right of the right knob.

I have an '09, so the buttons should be the same.

hope that helps.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
First check the BT phone compatibility chart (you'll need the last 6 digits of your VIN): http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/_popu ... bility.htm

If your phone shows as compatible with your VIN, but the tested software version of the handset is different than yours, most likely there lies the problem... Phone manufacturers often make "improvements" to their devices software, but in doing so they sometimes screw up the BT connection to older devices, such as the relatively ancient Nokia modules installed in MY06-08 RRS. On the other hand, there may be a newer software version available for your Tour that fixes the issue.

If the tested device and software versions match your handset's and show as fully compatible, try connecting the phone to a different car (ideally another RRS on the dealer's lot) and make a test call to see if you can duplicate the issue. If you can, the problem is probably with your phone. There is also a TSB for MY06-08s with older PTI modules with outdated software versions to correct a number of connection issues, see attachment below. If your car is still under warranty, they will perform the update for free (a similar update, which you need to pay for, will enable the "Phonebook over Bluetooth" feature.) Problem is, the software upload doesn't always take on some early MY06 modules... See my experience here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24359&start=91

Regarding the key, don't bother with the cheap blank ones sold on eBay if you want your car to start. You may be able to get the key blade cut to open the door and turn the ignition to accessory position, you may even be able to get the dealer to program the fob to lock/unlock the doors remotely. But, your engine will never start. Each key includes an EEPROM chip that needs to be programmed at the factory with your car's VIN and other data that must match the data in your car's electronic immobilizer when the key is inserted in the ignition. No match, no crank. This EEPROM chip cannot be programmed or overwritten by the dealer, only Land Rover in the UK can do so. After that is done, the key becomes permanently useless on any other car but yours. I'm afraid that only a dealer will be able to order that expensive key for you (bputah.com used to order them as well from the UK for less dough than a dealer, but they don't do that anymore), after verifying ownership of the car. You will have to wait a while to get the key from overseas, and pay a labor fee to the dealer in addition to the cost of the key itself (to activate the key, which arrives programmed but deactivated by default, and to sync the remote with your car.)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts