RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering is anyone has a L405 PHEV - saw the discussions in the RRS forum, but we’re talking big boy here...

/iain

·
Registered
69 Posts
I almost ordered one for my wife but realized it will be obsolete next year when they upgrade to dual motors and release the more powerful P500e which makes way more sense for the fullsize RR. Plus I’m reading way too many issues with current P400e.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a P400e since april. So far, no issues, if it's used only in the city, the battery is enough for a full day!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got mine in September 2019, no issues so far either. Would recommend getting a better charge cable though, in the UK it's called a type 2, charges in 2-3 hours. Full charge gives me 24ish miles range, enough for my commute and will do motorway if I take it easy. It's definitely not slow, even with charge depleted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering is anyone has a L405 PHEV - saw the discussions in the RRS forum, but we’re talking big boy here...

/iain
I ordered one. So far no dealer I am aware of has delivered one. They say mine is stuck at the port waiting for EPA certification. Hopefully it will be delivered by Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the forum https://www.fullfatrr.com/ P400e owners are overwhelmingly pleased with their PHEVs. I have ordered a P400e Autobiography due this month. Ability to test drive in the UK is no problem, but it sounds like it’s much harder there in the US. I was blown away when I drove it and weighing up between 3.0 petrol, 5.0 petrol and the P400e was no contest when I consider the serene city driving under EV power.

i think the next generation Range Rover (L460) will be epic. And I expect a PHEV like a P500e (or whatever it will be) will offer more performance and more electric range. But then I expect it will be at least 20% more expensive (and given no discount, up to 30% more expensive in the real world in the UK), plus it’s not absolutely clear when it will be launched. 2021? I couldn’t wait that long and I also could not afford a 20% to 30% price hike, so it was an easy choice for me to take the plunge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts