RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just traded in my 14RRS for a 17CPO! Super excited!

My car comes with ICTP phase 3 installed. I really want the smartphone pack (to support Apple Carplay), which can only be added to Phase 4 and above. My dealer's service director is recommending that I hold off until phase 5 comes out (it's already out in the UK so it should be out in the US in a few weeks).

Does anyone know what are the differences between phase 4 and 5?

Best,

Jose

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
My understanding is that some people are referring to software that begins with "18C" as Phase 5. Regardless of if that's correct, the biggest difference between Phase 3 and 5 should be the inclusion of CarPlay.

My dealer confirmed that they received new software a few days ago with CarPlay included (believe they said it was called "smartphone integration pack"), but upon loading it onto my car the end result was an incremental upgrade to the existing Phase 4 software without CarPlay. They're looking into it more on Monday but it appears that something on their end is holding back from allowing the software to be installed on US cars for the time being. The exact same thing happened to someone on the L405 forum in West Virginia.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mlb356, thanks for your reply.

You are correct. 18C is the incremental update to 18B, which was the original version of phase 4. The phase 4 release notes document is posted in the fpace forum here: https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4035 It's 14 pages long! To be exact, this is how the LR document refers to it:

"Software level contained in this release: This software update is referred to as ‘Phase 4’ within Symptom Driven Diagnostics. This software update may also be referred to as ‘18B’ in other communications."

As for the smartphone integration pack, from what I was able to gather in the disco5 UK forum and fpace forum, phase 4 must be upgraded to 18C before the smartphone pack can be installed. Smartphone pack is a standalone update. 18C doesn't include the pack.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
"A concern where the customer may report dropped frames or ‘jumpy camera video’." - I sure hope this is a legit fix and helps my experience, because this is definitely one of the major pain points I've had. The laggy camera video makes me cringe given the price of these vehicles.

·
Registered
61 Posts
At this point It’s just a matter of time until this Phase 5 update comes out to enable the smartphone pack here in the US.

I have the latest iteration of Phase 4 and the cameras are still very laggy. I brought it in for service and they installed some sort of image processing update that didn’t really help at all. Hopefully the next update will actually address the issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got 18C installed in my MY17 RRS and in the Extras section of the ICTP screen, there is now an icon for Apple Carplay and Android Auto! Never been closer! Unfortunately, they don't work (as mentioned above the 18C update does not contain the Smartphone integration pack) and my dealer has told me they want it thoroughly tested on new MY19s in stock before rolling it out cars already in owners hands.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I got 18C installed in my MY17 RRS and in the Extras section of the ICTP screen, there is now an icon for Apple Carplay and Android Auto! Never been closer! Unfortunately, they don't work (as mentioned above the 18C update does not contain the Smartphone integration pack) and my dealer has told me they want it thoroughly tested on new MY19s in stock before rolling it out cars already in owners hands.
I've got it on my '18. Many others got it, too. MY17 updates have nothing to do with MY19s whatsoever. Your dealer is good to go ahead with the smartphone pack.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got it on my '18. Many others got it, too. MY17 updates have nothing to do with MY19s whatsoever. Your dealer is good to go ahead with the smartphone pack.
Totya, Thank You! Just to confirm, you are up and running with Apple Car Play / Android Auto on your MY18? Did it need anything beyond the 18C update (like the reported Smartphone Integration Pack) or just the 18C update? I can't even get the text messages to work!

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts