RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I searched and found one similar thread, but this problem seems unique... '03 RR HSE

I'll be driving along and the right turn signal will intermittently go off with the column lever is in the middle position. Occassionally, when this happens, and I move the signal lever to make a right turn, the left turn signal blinks... (very strange).

I ususally switch on the hazards to minimize the confusion to my fellow motorists and that will work some, but then only the right indicator will continue to blink.

Also, when the ignition is switched off and lights are turned off, the right side parking lights (front and rear) will stay illuminated (again intermittent).

This started about two months ago and seems to occur more frequently after a heavy rain. I use LEDs in the front parking light sockets and side panel blinker sockets, but they have been that way for years now.

Any advice would be much appreciated. My friend at the RR dealer service doesn't have any experience with this problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The indicator and side lights are both symptoms of the same issue.
It is likely that the indicator switch is faulty. Swopping that should cure the problem.
But first turn off car, open bonnet, leave for thirty minutes or more then disconnect battery overnight. Even better also charge it.
Reconnect in the morning. If you are lucky it will now work perfectly.
If it does not replace the switch.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The indicator and side lights are both symptoms of the same issue.
It is likely that the indicator switch is faulty. Swopping that should cure the problem.
But first turn off car, open bonnet, leave for thirty minutes or more then disconnect battery overnight. Even better also charge it.
Reconnect in the morning. If you are lucky it will now work perfectly.
If it does not replace the switch.
Thanks. I did disconnect the battery for a couple days actually, but didn't charge it during that time, and the problem returned. The RR service guys were thinking it could be low battery voltage, too. I'll forward them the info about the indicator switch, too. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts