RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
We filed complaints with Land Rover and the States Attorney Generals office.

The vehicle is unsafe to be driven in its current form. Imagine driving on the freeway at 65mph and the horn springs to life, lights flashing, and the doors/trunk attempting to open/close. I am pretty sure this would either startle others or yourself and it could cause an accident. This issue poses a risk to the driver, passengers and those driving near the vehicle.

The vehicle also fails to properly use Park Assist and the Collision Warning System doesn't seem to be operating correctly as well.

Further, owning the vehicle for less than 40 days now I find the situation to be utterly unacceptable.
Update. The vehicle is still sitting at Land Rover. They have no idea what the problem is. Working with the States AG to try and remediate the situation. Pissed that I have now made two payment for a vehicle, I cannot use and the loaner (while appreciated that they provided such) is not the same caliber as our vehicle for which I am paying.To say I am frustrated is an understatement. Furious would be a better.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
Dude, serious? It;s a honk. anyone not able to navigate a vehicle with a honk should not be on the road. From your side I appreciate the frustration, but full fledged AG cry of attention is simply ridiculous in my book. I have had some whopper lemons. I have viewed the issues with grace, acceptance and in a realistic stance. I know from experience that no matter what you pay, or finance, NEW CARS HAVE ISSUES. Folks in America are far too uptight and need to grip a bit of reality when it comes to new tech... in my book.

Dude, you have an issue... or I should say your rig has an issue. It is most certainly NOT an AG issue. I would suggest yoga, jogging, martinis or even meditation. However i can;t help but feel the new wave of entitlement and crys of perfection in new rigs is uncalled for. ALL makes of cars have issues. ALL models of ALL makes have issues. That folks is warranties are for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just want to vouch for this honk issue.

I was given an evoque loaner for 5 days while my 2012 L322 was in the shop (Denver CO) and had the honking issue on three separate days during that week. It was embarassing at stop lights and after decades of owning all kinds of vehicles, the strangest issue I have seen. It was two quick honks sometimes ongoing for 10 seconds, other times just at the wrong time at a light or when I parked.

I have never driven one before this. My loaner was a 2016 with 122 miles on it.

For the folks this is happening to , best of luck figuring it out. Shouldn't be happening.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just want to vouch for this honk issue.

I was given an evoque loaner for 5 days while my 2012 L322 was in the shop (Denver CO) and had the honking issue on three separate days during that week. It was embarassing at stop lights and after decades of owning all kinds of vehicles, the strangest issue I have seen. It was two quick honks sometimes ongoing for 10 seconds, other times just at the wrong time at a light or when I parked.

I have never driven one before this. My loaner was a 2016 with 122 miles on it.

For the folks this is happening to , best of luck figuring it out. Shouldn't be happening.
Three rainy days, I guess... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dude, serious? It;s a honk. anyone not able to navigate a vehicle with a honk should not be on the road. From your side I appreciate the frustration, but full fledged AG cry of attention is simply ridiculous in my book. I have had some whopper lemons. I have viewed the issues with grace, acceptance and in a realistic stance. I know from experience that no matter what you pay, or finance, NEW CARS HAVE ISSUES. Folks in America are far too uptight and need to grip a bit of reality when it comes to new tech... in my book.

Dude, you have an issue... or I should say your rig has an issue. It is most certainly NOT an AG issue. I would suggest yoga, jogging, martinis or even meditation. However i can;t help but feel the new wave of entitlement and crys of perfection in new rigs is uncalled for. ALL makes of cars have issues. ALL models of ALL makes have issues. That folks is warranties are for.
The first issue we noticed was the park assist not operating properly, it would rarely ever detect a spot and even when it detected a spot it failed miserably when trying to park. If we didn't intervene there were more than a few times the vehicle would've plowed into another parked car.

When driving back to Seattle from Portland, the vehicle became possessed. Lights started flashing, the alarm started blaring, doors and the rear hatch start locking and unlocking. It was terrifying not only for the driver but also for everyone else on the highway as well. I am sure more than a few people though the car was stolen since it was acting as if it had been.Land Rover acknowledged there is a known issue and said they are working on it. They provided no ETA on the resolution. If you dont think this is a major problem then I am concerned for you.

Under the rear hatch, there is a foot motion sensor, This should detect your foot when waved underneath and open the rear hatch. This was designed so that if you had your hands full of groceries and what, not the rear hatch would open if a key was detected. It is a great feature. Unfortunately, it doesn't work! Land Rover again acknowledged there is a known issue and said they are working on it. They provided no ETA on the resolution.

The rear backup camera fills with condensation and needs to be replaced. We have owned the vehicle less than 30 days and hardware is already failing. The BMW I had prior to a Land Rover needed ONE service item in 3 years, brake replacement. This vehicle has poor quality and craftsmanship.

Sales advised us the vehicle had front and rear heated seats. After taking possession of the vehicle and reviewing the build spec sheet we determined it does not have such. If anything the build sheet is very misleading noting that the LOWER model, the SE has both front and rear but the HSA has only front heated seats. First time in my life where I have seen a LESSER vehicle is equipped with more options than a higher priced model.

The vehicle also seems to have issues with speedometer calibration. It's equipped with a start-stop function and when resuming driving from a stop and the engine starts the speedometer takes a few minutes to correct itself. They noted a few miles per hour difference but obviously spent little time debugging such issues. This shows that their service center either doesn't care about the vehicles problems or is incompetent.

Lastly, our vehicle has been sitting at Land Rover now for more than 10 days now while they are attempting to isolate the issues we listed. I am responsible for making a monthly lease payment for a paperweight at this time. They have done nothing to either trade us for a different vehicle or attempt to make things right. All we hear from them is "We are trying to isolate the problems, working with Land Rover directly, and will update you soon as we hear something." This is entirely unacceptable. Last we heard Friday was Land Rover was flying their technicians in to troubleshoot and acknowledged this is a wide spread issue and a TSB was issued.

If Land Rover wanted to make things right they would take back this disaster of a vehicle under the Lemon Law and gives us something that works. Unfortunately, they could care less about the consumer and instead prefer to line their pockets with my money since I am stuck paying for a defective vehicle.

I can assure you, the States Attorney General is very interested in this matter. Further, my lawyer has already drafted paperwork for the dealer. I imagine its just a matter of time now before the situation is resolved. If anyone is suffering from these issues or other issues related to a 2016 Evoque my lawyer would be happy to hear from you and assist.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I feel your pain... sounds like you got a lemon. Mine beeps twice, once in a while but that's it. I am pretty sure the problem is with the foot sensor for the hatch. We brought it to our dealer to get this and a few minor things fixed (which they did) and told us they would have a fix for the beeping soon, which for now, I'm Ok with.
If I was you, I would trade that car back in and get a new one or something else. Just curious, have you asked them to replace it? What is their response?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My lawyer is working with them to take the vehicle back. We don't feel safe with this vehicle or the Land Rover product and the customer service has been terrible.

They have consistently said "we (the customers) don't know how to operate the vehicle" or "this feature only works under W, X, Y, and Z conditions and to ignore the manual as it's incorrect. It was printed for a global audience, some features listed are not for the US model."

My favorite was when they tried to tell my fiancée that the vehicle freaking out was because she had the key fob in her purse when driving and the vehicle couldn't detect it. A week later, the TSB came out. I bet that service manager felt like crap after seeing that.

Overall, it has been a terrible experience and I just want it to end. It's costing me time, money and depriving me of use of a vehicle while the monkey around trying to fix the problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So, I have an update! I took our car to be serviced last week and, as for now, the solution is working!
They disconnected the gesture tailgate sensors and there's no more phantom honk! We've had many rainy days lately and I even car washed my car today (major test!) to make sure the issue's gone! :)
A software update is currently in development and they will reconnect the sensor once the update become available.
Land Rover is referring to the issue under "SSM72577".
Thanks to everyone who helped on this thread!!!!
Will update the thread as soon as I have any news.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 brand new Evoque did that when I took it to a car wash for the first time. It honked randomly. Always two honks at a time. Creates huge anxiety not knowing when it's gonna honk again. Took it to Land Rover dealership and was told they don't have a fix yet and it's a known issue. Will let me know when they have a fix. Yesterday it's been raining and spitting snow quite a bit and the car was honking randomly again and again even after I finally parked the car and turned off the engine.

I was told by the dealership it has something to do w the rear sensor where you kick on the side of the car to pop open the trunk. When I parked the car the directions of the blowing snow and rain were hitting the back of the car so I turned the car around so the front of the car was facing the blowing snow. Then the car stopped honking.

The service advisor said there's no solution now. I will be the first one to be notified. We will see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 that I've had about 6 months
and mine is doing the same thing! Sitting in crowded traffic and it randomly does the little PEEP-PEEP every now and then. People are looking at me like What?? I was washing it yesterday and it did the Peep-Peep at least 10 times. There is no pattern or rhyme or reason... it just does it when it wants to. I'm going to mention it to my dealership when I get it serviced. If anyone can figure out what it is, please let me know. Pretty annoying! S. Hullender.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts