RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a new 2016 RR Evoque that has had some weird issues. One of the issues has been the phantom honk. It does not like to get wet, so any time it rains or you wash it it randomly honks between 2-over 60 times. I've talked to the dealer and had one guy in the service dept. tell me there is an update for it and another in the service dept. that said they haven't come out with the update yet. Has anyone got the "update"? If so, did it work? I have a 4 hour drive to go get this update and want to make sure it works. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
This sounds like a regression, this problem was solved a couple of years ago. I think the '13s had the exact same problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update on the phantom honk. We ended up taking it in to the dealer and they did the "update" on the vehicle that fixed the problem. At the time, they let us know they had just come out with that update to fix the issue. They stated that the rear gate sensor was causing the problem for all kinds of people. After they fixed it, our rear gate still works great, and so does the touch less rear gate entry....thank Goodness!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts