RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's the sound my new compressor makes when I go into access height mode. Is this normal? Prior to having it replaced, it would make zero noise when it released air from the airbags.

It's pretty loud and noticeable too. Also, the compressor is louder when it is on, a loud constant drone. I dunno if I'm being more sensitive or what, but it's just odd.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright! So the consensus is that my truck was messed up to begin with and is now in working order!

Excellent!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
In my garage, I hear it. On the street, I don't. When they replaced your compressor they put the acoustic insulation cover back on, yes?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Cars doing stuff on their own always scares me,

[youtube:1otfvnoe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5M11m9vI0&feature=related[/youtube:1otfvnoe]

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umbertob said:
In my garage, I hear it. On the street, I don't. When they replaced your compressor they put the acoustic insulation cover back on, yes?
LOL WUT

No clue. How do I check?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Can you see the new compressor if you slide under the car? If you can, they forgot the covers. :lol:

See parts 12 and 13 in the first drawing (#14 is the compressor) and parts 1 and 2 in the second: Upper and lower acoustic box. They are plastic moldings filled with insulating foam, completely encasing the compressor and valve block.
[attachment=1:1h5tpffr]suspcomp.jpg[/attachment:1h5tpffr]
[attachment=0:1h5tpffr]acoustbox.jpg[/attachment:1h5tpffr]

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Umberto. I'll go and take a look in a bit.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Checked it out. The cover is definitely on. Ah well, I can get used to the farting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts