RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
to be honest unless you get thousands of signatures (which you wont!) do you think they will really listen too you?!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dsd1976 said:
to be honest unless you get thousands of signatures (which you wont!) do you think they will really listen too you?!
Someone has to start the ball rolling, every single vote counts! if it's not me then who? I really don't want to see this great company split up

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I mean for the original poster to check his PM.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Splitting the brand is amoney making exercise. Smaller Range Rovers will earn them a fortune.
I wish you luck, but I doubt the shareholders of Land Rover (who will still make Range Rovers anyway) will listen to enthusiasts over a huge pile of cash.

They probably think of enthusiasts as buying older vehicles, not new and don't realise that it will also damage the reputation and exclusivity of the 'original' Range Rover. Or if they do care they know it'll sell a lot more smaller Range Rovers than it will cost them FFRR sales.

We could have had the same argument about the Sport, which also was a cheaper Range Rover based on a cheaper car for a cheaper price than a FFRR. And that seems to have worked out fine. They've sold piles of the things to people who want a 'Range Rover'.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
i gore said:
i still think they should of kept the name LRX :crybaby2:
Wait that new thing the Evoque of whatever is what the LRX was??? Oh god it worst than I thought, I thought ths new thing was the Stormer concept with 2wd!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Doctor Leo said:
Wait that new thing the Evoque of whatever is what the LRX was??? Oh god it worst than I thought, I thought ths new thing was the Stormer concept with 2wd!
... You couldn't be more wrong with that post. Here is the LRX concept (notice, the Evoque is the EXACT same thing but rebranded as a RR and real production interior):
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/land-rove ... /printable

Here is the Range Stormer, which was a 2004 precursor concept to the RRS:
http://trucks.about.com/cs/concepttruck ... tormer.htm

Furthermore, the Evoque is getting 4WD/AWD (not saying it will be as capable as a LR/RR should be) - only initially will it only be available as a 2WD.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The RR Evoque looks virtually identical to the LRX concept, first shown at NAIAS in January 2008. The Range Stormer was the 2004 concept car that eventually, after a LOT of massaging, turned into the RR Sport in 2005.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
umbertob said:
I wish I had a dime for every time I heard that prediction about Land Rover.
Might be true this time. Dealer dosnt seem to sure either.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Our franchised dealer delivery van is brand new and the graphics show the green oval LR badge, the classic looking 'Range Rover' logo and the Jaguar logo. I did ask (the parts manager was delivering at the time) and he confirmed that the corporate identity was being split into 3 brands - not the company as such. I quite like the idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts