RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In short, we had ordered a Firenze Red 2015 LWB for delivery from a dealership here on the East Coast.
Original conversation was delivery in Jan / Feb.
Conversation progressed to Feb / March.
Continued progressing to March / April.

Because we have my grandparents in the house, and our current Audi A8L lease goes back end of December...this presented as serious problem. Back history - my grandmother suffered a stroke 18 months ago and had heart surgery. She's on the mend - just started physical therapy today. We are thrilled.

In the event she has a doctor appointment / god forbid emergency, it would have been totally irresponsible to allow a possible April delivery to be the reality. We weren't even sure what to do with regards to ANY car. I called Audi and they said they'd give us a 2 month extension but no more - since we were not getting a new Audi.

This put us out to Feb. With the gap of 6 weeks of not having a car - it would have been a catastrophe should a problem arise here health wise.

One of the amazing members on here - directed me to another dealership. I called the person at the dealership and was honest about my situation. We went down last night with the entire family to see if Grandma could get in the car. She got in very well the first time - and then became tired thereafter which was to be expected.

We are canceling our order with the other dealership - and going with this 2nd dealership - and our car is coming end of December!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I wanted to thank the forum for being a place we can all go to meet - talk - exchange ideas, etc.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: Personal thanks is due to this forum / one of its members

In short, we had ordered a Firenze Red 2015 LWB for delivery from a dealership here on the East Coast.

Because we have my grandparents in the house, and our current Audi A8L lease goes back end of December...this presented as serious problem. Back history - my grandmother suffered a stroke 18 months ago and had heart surgery. She's on the mend - just started physical therapy today. We are thrilled.

In the event she has a doctor appointment / god forbid emergency, it would have been totally irresponsible to allow a possible April delivery to be the reality. We weren't even sure what to do with regards to ANY car. I called Audi and they said they'd give us a 2 month extension but no more - since we were not getting a new Audi.

This put us out to Feb. With the gap of 6 weeks of not having a car - it would have been a catastrophe should a problem arise here health wise.

One of the amazing members on here - directed me to another dealership. I called the person at the dealership and was honest about my situation. We went down last night with the entire family to see if Grandma could get in the car. She got in very well the first time - and then became tired thereafter which was to be expected.

We are canceling our order with the other dealership - and going with this 2nd dealership - and our car is coming end of December!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I wanted to thank the forum for being a place we can all go to meet -
talk - exchange ideas, etc.
Good to hear that everything worked out! Stay active and post picts of your car when it comes!

·
Premium Member
223 Posts

So I wanted to thank the forum for being a place we can all go to meet - talk - exchange ideas, etc.
Great news. Did you get your deposit back from the prior dealer? Did the new dealer take a deposit?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Great news. Did you get your deposit back from the prior dealer? Did the new dealer take a deposit?
I requested it today officially.

New Dealer didn't require a deposit. He said "when I get a chance". The order is confirmed and I have the sheet from Land Rover. It's official.

When I get back the other deposit - i'll just give it to new dealer.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts

I requested it today officially.

New Dealer didn't require a deposit. He said "when I get a chance". The order is confirmed and I have the sheet from Land Rover. It's official.

When I get back the other deposit - i'll just give it to new dealer.
Just make sure you get the purchase order which has the amount you will be paying. The Vista is the order to Land Rover. I believe the PO with the amount closes the deal so there is no misunderstanding .
I am also going to ask for my deposit back as well .

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

Too many have had to buy their LRs from lousy dealers, because the had no other choice. I'm glad both of you can buy from the dealer that earned and deserves your business. Once you get your deposits, please tell the other dealer why they lost your business. I made sure to tell my local salesguy why he lost my RR ATB order ... can't learn or improve if you don't get feedback.

·
Registered
213 Posts

You must have left Long Island - will you tell us which off-Island dealer you went to?
Ray Catena in Edison, Alan Burnside has been very above board so far with everything. There's 3 of us with current orders with him.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Ray Catena in Edison, Alan Burnside has been very above board so far with everything. There's 3 of us with current orders with him.
Me Included.

Was with Glen Cove before that.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Same here leaving GC for Alan at Edison- Ray Catena. He was above board and told me about the Port install. Just awaiting the PO from Alan so it's all in writing. But the car is ordered with deliver in December. Looking forward to December!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Same here leaving GC for Alan at Edison- Ray Catena. He was above board and told me about the Port install. Just awaiting the PO from Alan so it's all in writing. But the car is ordered with deliver in December. Looking forward to December!
Same!

What was the deal with GC? They went from Jan/Feb to Feb / March to March / April.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Well got the PO from Alan of Edison so am set. Looking forward to my delivery. GC was playing games. GC actions included added unwanted Insurance, Deployable steps price gouging, couldn't change the order. Now hearing they delayed your order. GC wouldn't let me add an option, thus modifying the order and the delivery is January. They just can't be bothered. I will be asking for my deposit back from GC as well. Thank you all for your support.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Well got the PO from Alan of Edison so am set. Looking forward to my delivery. GC was playing games. GC actions included added unwanted Insurance, Deployable steps price gouging, couldn't change the order. Now hearing they delayed your order. GC wouldn't let me add an option, thus modifying the order and the delivery is January. They just can't be bothered. I will be asking for my deposit back from GC as well. Thank you all for your support.
2 Questions.
1) Who did you work with at GC?
2) Have you been able to get a refund?

I've emailed twice, which came after a phone call explaining the situation (minus the ray catena part).

Phone call ended with my salesman saying "We did not yet put your order in, so a refund would not pose a problem".

On 10/11/14 I wrote:
Hi Anthony,

When we put down our deposit in July, we were hoping for the car to arrive beginning of Feb. As mentioned to you - our lease on the Audi was up in December and with my grandmother being in a fragile state, we needed a capable vehicle for the winter. When we spoke originally, Feb was the expected delivery date. Then Feb / March. Now March / April. Since the conversation is now including April, and you are not 100% sure on a delivery time, it means the vehicle was not yet ordered. We are going to have to cancel this Range Rover and look to get into another car that we can take delivery at the time we needed the car.

There is simply no way we can wait till April and can't take any risk that this scenario becomes a reality. Unless we can sincerely get this car in Feb - I am up against a wall here to get my mom into a vehicle.
Please advise.

Sincerely,

Bradley Reisman

He called me after reading the email to explain how he can't be sure when cars will arrive, etc.

We went to Ray Catena after that. I sent this email on 10/14/14

Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 2:01 PM
To: Anthony Fratantoni
Subject: (no subject)

Hi Tony,

If my mom wanted to cancel the order and get her deposit back, is this something that can be done?

Yours

Bradley

He Replied:
Brad,

I thought we would wait till early November to better determine the arrival time of the vehicle? If timing is an issue I can then go to management. I am striving to give you and your family the absolute best and honest service I can provide.

Best regards,
Anthony Fratantoni
Land Rover Glen Cove
On 10/15/14 I replied:
Hi Anthony,
I know. I understand - but my parents are not prepared to risk not having a car during the winter months since my grandmother's condition is what it is. They look at worst case scenarios and during a blizzard, should we not have the ability to go to a doctor if need be - its really not a good thing.

They are requesting a refund because they are going to have to purchase a car that has a more clear and definitive delivery date closer to the end of the lease of the Audi.

I mentioned to them the option of taking a preowned with guaranteed buy back and they rejected that sincece its my moms car and they both agreed she didn't want anything other than this model.

I know it isnt the best news, but This is what I am being told. I apologize and can tell you going forward if they want to get a range rover from you - I'd do my best to direct them into a car in stock as supply becomes more available for reduced time constraints.

If we were not taking my grandmother's wellbeing into consideration, I doubt this would have presented itself as a problem.

Sincerely
Brad

Did not hear anything back. So yesterday, the 21st, I forwarded the email back to him, with this message:

Anthony,
I didn't know if you received the below.

We went ahead and ordered a different vehicle to much earlier delivery at my parents request. They didn't want to risk not being with a car in the winter.

Again, had grama's condition not been an issue - the wait would not have been such a heavy deciding impact factor

At your convenience, would you arrange the refund of our deposit.

Sincerely,
Brad

Still nothing received from him today.

Next step is a phone call to him. / Manager.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you make that call today, I would stress that if you don't hear back from someone by Thu, you'll have to consider disputing the charge with your cc company, not something you want to do at all but don't want to waste more time chasing a reply from someone.

Obviously make it nicer.

But, go look at your paperwork. If it explicitly reads that this deposit is non refundable, then I would ignore that dispute angle completely. Dispute departments are by the book, so if you signed something saying non refundable, it likely will not work unless it also reads Jan delivery, which they are now failing.

Good luck

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll have to call around noon. Tony told me over the phone that a refund would be fine since to date the car was not ordered.

To bad he did not do that in writing...

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Oh I was under the impression you had him refunding you in writing. I would hold off on the call, send Tony another email and reference your call, Hey Tony back on the 5th you said you'd refund the deposit, when will that go through? Can we process it today?

Let him reply. As long as he doesn't write back I never said that, you can use this email with your cc company if it comes to that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Success: I wonder why they didn't just refund it to my credit card. Guess it doesn't matter - I get to keep the reward points at the end of the day.

His email to me:

Bradley,

I took care of it and will refund the deposit which will be in the form of a check mailed to your home. I hope to be of service to you and your family in the future.

Best regards,
Anthony Fratantoni
Land Rover Glen Cove

·
Registered
213 Posts
Let us know when it arrives, I hope you're not about to embark upon a "check is in the mail" thing for weeks.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I haven't ask for the deposit yet as my car is in there shop. But the Sales person sent me a email saying the car should be in by second week of January. Curious Bradley, did they send you a email saying when the car would be delivered? Interesting that they said the car wasn't even ordered. I hope they return my deposit back too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts