RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
After liftting my RRS, DSC has become such a pain that I"m ready to kill it. Does anybody know how to disable this feature?
I have done some research on the BMW forums and it seems like some of the racing geeks do this by disconnecting the steering angle sensor. Does anybody know exactly where this sensor is?
Thanks for any help and yes, I know the safety implications of such a drastic measure :)
Regards
Dimitri

·
Registered
543 Posts
Rain.

The FFRR's originally came with a 'Dynamic Stability Control' dis-engagement switch on the dash ! See if this information might be helpful to interrogate the ECU ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.[attachment=0:7abk8tm1]RightDSC.jpg[/attachment:7abk8tm1]

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
dmundarain,

You do NOT want to disconnect the steering angle sensor. There are too many systems that analyze that data to function correctly. Your vehicle does not have a cut off switch on the fascia? What market are you in? The steering angle sensor is towards the base of the steering column (inside the vehicle, under dash) If you would like to see, disconnect it, drive the vehicle and you will get quite a light show on your instrument pack along with several warnings. ibis1 ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interestly enough I found another BMW site where one of the guys gives a tip of holding DSC down for 12 seconds right after switching the key to the on position. I will bring the results of the test tomorrow
Thanks for the feedback
Dimitri

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
I'm confused. There is a switch on the dash. Do you just not want to have to press it everytime you start up? I've done this when off-roading also and I have to admit it becomes second nature once you start.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No go on the BMW fix, but yes, I have to get in the car and disable it every time I start the truck. Not only for off road use, but every day. Sharp turns and freeway ramps kicks DSC on after I lefted the truck and got the oversize tires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts