RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, SO CHanged throttle position sensor, did an adaptive settings eset as she'd thrown a hissy and decided to idle at 2k rpm. this sorted but now her performance is definitely stunted and wont kick down. no faults at all are showing up on the msv extreme in the gems ems tests and ive captured data such as tps voltage et etc not that i know what they mean or should be reading or is this just a case of doing some miles for it to 'relearn'?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and now, i've just started her and she's not all happy - pressing the accelerator it almost stalled and took some delicate footwork to get her to run , almost as if she was out of fuel bur she has nearly half a tankful,,, then went back to idle and she stalled/stopped... MAF? / air in fuel feed?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Almost stalling when opening the throttle is usually a sign of a problem with the MAF. Try disconnecting it and see if there is any change, if not, there's the problem.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers rich, it does feel as if maf is disconnected. Will unplug it and see if it makes any difference. R

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The same with maf disconnected so assuming this is the culprit will try a clean but accept a replacement is needed and on that matter it seems concensus is to buy a reputable brand

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so, £120 later new maf no change, akmost like shes stuttering on idle ticks over at a ow 720rpm a blip on the throttle and she dies,,, checke faults came up with low input maf which of course i have just changed, cleared the fault ran the test again and no faults showing and reset adaptive settings again, successfully. ideas anyone?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Loose wiring to the maf maybe? I recently cleaned my maf, if I disconnect it it will die, period. To clear an the Maf I removed the circular mesh on mine first , and then hit the platinum wire with alot of contact cleaner, cleaned the mesh, and replaced the air filter too. I got a good response after cleaning, it read to 2K rpm, I hit reset, and then my idle speed settled below where it had been.
After that I guess you need to think about cleaning the plenum, and the idle air control. I'm no expert, but have been working through the airways recently.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had some issues with my connections to the ECU that showed as a gearbox fault - specifically I had some oil in the ECU contacts at the ECU behind the battery. This was giving me a throttle angle position issue - have you tried cleaning these contacts too? Unlikely but as I experienced issues it may be worth checking out.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All good in the box behind the battery I did have the ecu out to install a mobi4 immobiliser bypass but this was after the current issue had surfaced. I was wondering about fuel pressure how can I check that. I have rave microcat and msv extreme

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
RH side of the car, middle of the fuel rail, there's a Schrader valve, check pressure there. All you need is a tyre pump and use the gauge on that.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The fact you’ve changed the TPS and have problems, I’d go straight back to that, was it a new genuine part, second hand ? Read your lambdas and make sure there working, I had mine try and shut down one bank through over fuelling , tried to stall when stopping, lost a few cylinders unless there s were up, nightmare

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TPS is new from rimmers as is the maf so expect them to be ok. Re lambdas how do I read them on my msv extreme please

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, as fuel was very low when the issue started have chucked som injector cleaner n the tank and dropped 5 gallons of 97 Ron fuel in it on top of about 6 galls of 95 Ron already in there . Bizarrely she initially set off fine then as soon as I accelerated it changed down ( no not kick down) revvd to 4K rpm then changed up hen dropped down at least 1 gear revvd to 4K then changed up and behaved normally after that, with the exception she won’t kick down?.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
scimitargtc
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing