RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just going around my interior with a fine tooth comb and i noticed my parking brake button is showing wear. I found the replacement part online for those interested its P# LR086213. Does any one have an idea of how do take apart the shifter? i have tried to find diagrams but haven't found any ones that are helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,150 Posts
I was a nerd and paid for Topix access and downloaded some forms, one of which described needing to replace this button for this very reason.

You basically have to use a flat head screwdriver and go along the lower edge and pop the P button out, while making sure you don't damage the part right below it. There are some clips on the underside of the P button.

Then you just basically snap in the new button.

If you PM me your email I'll send the bulletin as an attachment if you'd like.

·
Registered
29 Posts
awesome thanks for the info. i have a plasitc tool set i specifically bought for my R8, im sure this will be a breeze. i actually just signed up for that Topix thing. maybe ill get the year membership as well. do they go into detail about taking things apart? Thanks for the info and help!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,150 Posts
There's an overwhelming amount of info with instructions and diagrams. It's fun to poke around but most of the stuff is over my head. It was good though to see all the TSBs and other forms to see what kind of issues our vehicles are having or potentially could have.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer replaced mine under warranty. Can't help with instructions on how to do it but might be worth checking into if your warranty isn't expired
i do have the extended warranty, but for something so small i rather just do it myself then have the car sitting a week at the dealership

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I just purchased the button to replace the one on my rover...is it as easy as prying the old button (carefully) and snapping the old one in?
I haven’t been able to find anything on line describing the process...maybe I am overthinking it?
Any help would be appreciated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts