RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone! I just finished pulling my SC out and changed the gear oil and added a 60.5mm pulley to the snout (stock is 65mm). I have the iid GAP tool and was able to see the live value for the boost pressure. I wish I had taken it before the pulley change out but now while parked and revving it I'm hitting 23psi. Can anyone else check their boost? Should I drive under load (uphill) to get a more accurate reading? Does anyone know the stock boost pressure?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have a GAP tool with a 5.0L SC? It would be great to see their live boost value!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check it while making a WOT acceleration run, free revving at a standstill will give you a different reading.

I have the Velocity AP crank pulley upgrade on mine. Actually in the process of putting my truck back together at the moment, had to remove the SC to fix a coolant leak underneath around the oil cooler. When I get it back together I'll see what my boost pressure is if you're curious to compare. Never actually checked it..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The picture is under load going up hill. It was pointed out to me that absolute psi includes atm pressure, 14.7 psi. So about 24 absolute psi is actually around 10 psi. Make sure you check your boost bypass actuator. I think mine is having issues. At idle under vacuum it opens overcoming the spring, and doesn't allow boost to build. If i watch my actuator it will close the bypass under intial throttle but will immediately open back up even with increasing throttle...

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
1 Posts
The picture is under load going up hill. It was pointed out to me that absolute psi includes atm pressure, 14.7 psi. So about 24 absolute psi is actually around 10 psi. Make sure you check your boost bypass actuator. I think mine is having issues. At idle under vacuum it opens overcoming the spring, and doesn't allow boost to build. If i watch my actuator it will close the bypass under intial throttle but will immediately open back up even with increasing throttle...
Greetings,

If this will be of help , here it goes.

I am planning to have a pulley installed on my RRS soon and been taking some readings before the changes.
I have used both the Dashcommand and the TorquePro. The MAP sensor reading is in between 19.5 and 21.75 PSI.
(tested on flat and slightly hilly road pulling car hard on sport mode).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts