RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PDC sensors continuous alternate beeping when put in reverse after LED install

so I tried swapping out the reverse halogen bulbs for LED's. Well one LED was bad (wans't white like it was supposed to be and it flickered) so I put the halogen bulbs back in. Now whenever I put it in reverse I get both front and rear sensors making a continues alternating beeping until I put it in Drive and move forward until the doors lock. I can also duplicate the beeping simply by pushing the PDC button.

Both halogen bulbs are working now and I'm still getting the error beeping. I also replaced the DRL in the headlamps (had to remove the headlights) with canbus LEDs at the same time but I can't see that causing this issue.

How do I fix this? Should I disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for an hour or so? I did get a "check reverse bulb" error once but they both light up so I don't get it. I also walked around and put my ear to each sensor and heard the faint clicking to show they work.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: PDC sensors continuous alternate beeping when put in reverse after LED install

ok so I decided for the heck of it to go out and remove the halogen reverse bulbs and re-seat them in the socket and FINALLY I was able to get the PDC craziness to stop. Not sure if the ECU needed time to rest itself or is it was picky about how the bulb was seated. Anyway no more intemittet beeping...it's working as normal now.

I did notice my LED DRL's flicker for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on. I realize this is the bulb check but i figured them being "canbus" would not flicker. The good thing is they don't throw a bulb out error.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts