RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here comes an other one now the pcrv behind the expansion tank is leaking. Want to know the reason why this valve leak i have replaced the o ring but it has started to leak again and i came to know that it is actually the inner seals on the spring assembly the culprit. Can inner seals be replaced? Searching on different sites came to a post who has blocked the pressure release point on the bottom of pcrv by changing the bottom cap,can this be done? Is it safe? And also my abs pump has started to leak from the motor and pump joint i think where there is a hole in there? Is it easy to fix the leak on abs pump any guide would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi

I have succesfully made a few new bottom caps for the PCRV valves that are known to blow ou the seal at the edge of the cap. There are several cars in Malaysia driving around with these modified PCRV valves without any problems. I have posted several times about them and posted pictures and drawings of the modifications.

As for the leaking of the brake pump. You have to take the pump apart and change the seal inside when it starts leaking out of the indication hole. Use seals from the material EPDM as this is resistant to brake fluid.. Inspect the shaft for damage when you have everything apart and take care t line up the pump parts properly when reassembling.

Best regards

Jos

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I have succesfully made a few new bottom caps for the PCRV valves that are known to blow ou the seal at the edge of the cap. There are several cars in Malaysia driving around with these modified PCRV valves without any problems. I have posted several times about them and posted pictures and drawings of the modifications.

As for the leaking of the brake pump. You have to take the pump apart and change the seal inside when it starts leaking out of the indication hole. Use seals from the material EPDM as this is resistant to brake fluid.. Inspect the shaft for damage when you have everything apart and take care t line up the pump parts properly when reassembling.

Best regards

Jos
Hi
Thanks for your response
I have seen a couple of pic where the bottom of the PCRV is modified by welding a full piece that covers the whole bottom not sure if that was yours or not,can you provide a link to your post/pics?

i do have a spare old abs pump but it keeps on running and never stops i replaced its switch but no avail, changed the accumulator with the present pump (which has started to leak now) still noting it just keeps running and never stops. I am also having a select neutral fault which is driving me crazy now.

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts