RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a pc based diagnostic software or program that uses an obd2 cable with USB connections. I just bought on for my Volkswagen.

I've looked the hawkeye and blackbox solutions. I'm not overly impressed with them. I really don't want to deal with some bloc in England if it's not working right.

And what the hell happened to the forum?

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
What's wrong with dealing with the blokes from UK and Europe?:confused:
Hours of operation, rediculous return shipping charges, customs paperwork, variable exchange rates, exchange rate fees...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EXACTLY!

and i lived over there for two years, so i can only imagine how backward the design of their program and equipment is.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTOBOSS-V3...0548420166&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

i used these at the shop i used to work for. the business went under.:?

it could do: ABS, SRS, Transmission, Engine

i'd like something like that just with a cable and works on my laptop.

i have an obdII cable for a VW, not sure if it'll work on the land rover to access the other stuff or now. There is also a free VW program i can use to do crap to my VW. I wish there was something like this for my Rover

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
Good luck finding a DIY diagnostic tool for your P38 if your primary selection criteria is that the post-sales support is US-based.

Shame really, as the FaultMate is probably the best diagnostic tool available for the P38.

They have a support forum that operates 24h/day with most responses by their staff during their working hours. They are based in Cyprus, although all the folks I have dealt with there are Poms.

Cheers, Paul.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Let's think about it, you criticize Europe but let's face it :

-you enjoy European Imports (land rover, mb and vw)

-no US company had the guts to develop a pc based land rover solution

The program and equipment can be over the top but you'll be limited by car capabilities.

Since i use a official Testbook for personal use mainly and worked with Faulmate too, i think i may have a word on this.

The Faultmate extreme is way faster than Testbook, it allows to work directly either with a pc or with a small lcd display.

It allows bespoke changes of configuration and let you choose factory options.

Looks like there's a business opportunity for somebody in the US to retail those.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I was wondering if there is a pc based diagnostic software or program that uses an obd2 cable with USB connections. I just bought on for my Volkswagen.

I've looked the hawkeye and blackbox solutions. I'm not overly impressed with them. I really don't want to deal with some bloc in England if it's not working right.

And what the hell happened to the forum?

Thanks
Oh dear!! can't reason... can't spell! The word is "bloke" not "bloc"!
Thank goodness your isolationist mentality is not shared by the rest of our US cousins on this forum!
BTW the Faultmate is not simply a scanner... suggest you read up on the differences and then do some research...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
True that Storey may have a pc based solution for the P38 and US based!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you guys are a touchy bunch. get your panties in a wad because i want something available in the USA. oh dear. lets all cry.

oh no, i spelled bloke wrong too. oh dear.

I know what the fault mate is, i have ready about it, but i'm not going to put coin out for something i may not be able to get serviced unless i send it back to where ever the hell they are.

I'd rather deal with someone in the USA.

I like my European cars, minus volvo, saab, and bmw

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Think you need another reality check. I have yet to have occasion to send my MSV back to Cyprus for anything.
If no one in the USA makes the same thing for a RR product, which they dont, then either deal with European companies or give it a rest.
RSW's solution for the P38 has yet to materialize for our rigs, so no go there.
If you aren;t happy with the truth, then you can always go and make one yourself to solve the problem. These are European rigs believe it or not, and are not a MB, so you get what you get in my experiences.
Even if BBS had a dealer in the USA, service would still need to be performed in Cyprus. They just arent a large enough company to be able to outsource service to all over the world.
Martin

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Geez guys lighten up, smoke a bowl and go for a walk. THe guy asked a simple question and is being honest. THere's no need for the pig pile.

Quite frankly I totally agree with him. I would love for their to be an option that is US based or a dealer in the US for products. At this point there are several units out there that can handle the basics of engine codes and reset. RSW has a very capable free option for the EAS. WIth engine and EAS covered there is rarely a need to put your self through questionable customer service, shipping issues or stay up all night to deal with someone elses business hours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts