Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've started posting I find I've got some more questions. I seem to remember that one of the brake upgrade paths for P38A was PBR calipers that were bigger disc, dual piston, and did not need a 17" rim. I originally planned on 18" rims but now I like my 16"'s. I never worry about hitting potholes or curbs. These calipers must OEM on some car in the US? A bunch of Chevy's use dual piston PBR's. Does anyone know already? I know I will have to replace my discs soon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I drive stop and go city traffic about 50 miles every day. I think the highly engineered P38A brakes suck. I really have to stomp on my brakes when I want to stop. I think the ABS sucks over bumps on pavement. I do like them in the snow. I'm running brand new cooper discoverer tires in 275/70. The tires are heavier with more contact patch than the crap OEM tires. This means right there that my brakes are working harder than stock. My front pads don't last very long. They are the stock pads. I want a lot more brake and a lot more pad life. I havent even gotten around to doing any performance mods on the engine. If I cant upgrade to more power calipers with a larger pad surface area then I will definitely go with PBR slotted, vented, and drilled discs and a performance pad. I just don't think its going to be enough in the long run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts