Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
Aren't our calipers already dual piston? :think:
yes. I was pleasantly surprised when I changed the pads last year. That and the fact that I got about 80k miles out of the stock pads, and still had over 1/4" of pad left...probably could have gone another 20k safely.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Agreed with Toad.

My brakes are fantastic. Before I changed out the fluid they were a bit mushy, but now they're firm and stop very well. Like I said before, over 80k miles on the stock pads, and they easily had another 20k in them.

If you're expecting a 2.5 ton truck to stop like a 1.5 ton car with 4 pot Brembos it's never going to happen...but it is a darn good system to start with.

By the way... since you're not the original owner, and I'm assuming your rig has in excess of 100k miles...how would you know what the OEM tires were like? Are you sure you have OEM pads? Did you install them yourself? Is your accumulator and pump up to snuff? Also...your new tires are probably 6 lbs heavier per tire. Rotating mass has a huge effect on braking performance and acceleration.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
NorCal RR said:
Drilling, slotting, and whatever to stock diameter rotors are marketing gimmicks with more potential downside than up.
Somebody finally gets it. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts