RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel kind of supid. Too many cars in the garage. Was pulling out and clipped the side of the garage with the mirror. Got out and took a look it slid back in place and thought all was well. Unfortunaly the bracket that holds the reflective mirror part broke on one side so it is a little lopsided. Mirror still works but I tend to be fanatically pickey when it comes to my vehicles. Can you just get the bracket or the mirror to pop in or am I looking at a whole new side mirrror assembly? Im sure noone else has been this silly but hope someone knows the answer.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Actually, you'll prob find that a good number of us have done similar (despite the fact that, if asked, each and every one of us is amongst the worlds's best drivers :roll: ). My passenger side mirror was 'squished' somewhat between a tree and the vehicle. The housing and glass survived, but the up/down adjustment rack broke. Luckily I had snagged an eBay mirror a couple of months prior because it went for only 12 euros. I didn't need it at the time, but they are usually about 10x that and I figured I prob would someday. I just took the parts I needed and repaired the mirror motor.

If you go to a dealer, you can either purchase just the glass or the entire mirror assy. It sounds like you've broken one of the clips on the back of the glass, which isn't too bad, pricewise. If its anything in the mirror housing, you'll be out relatively big $$ from the dealer. Try one of the used parts places or the bay.

BTW, you're missing an "s" in your Ferrrari. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts