RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few weeks ago, backed the 05 out of the garage and smashed my passenger side mirror. The backing is fine; all I need is the glass. Since that time, have been looking. Started local; first one, then two, then three and then started to look online. Every, single, glass company seems to receive it's glass from Burco (3rd party manufacturer). So, Burco, lists that they have the proper glass for the 2005 RRover and lists the replacement glass as 8". This is completely wrong and a massive mistake on their part. The mirror they and everyone else have will fit the P38 model just not the US 03-09 full size.

I've come to the conclusion that, short of having a shop put a straight piece of glass for $30, which would not do, or I could/will in turn spend $180 for the LR piece (i.e: glass and backing) or $500 for the electrochromatic version w/insurance paying for amount over $200. No real good solution, really.

Unless, of course, there actually is a 3rd party supplier of glass in the States or elsewhere that would have the correct fit?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? The X5 has the same side glass as a full size 05 Rover? You sure about that I called BMW and a local Rover dealer; they both said 'no'.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
47 Posts
A couple years ago I got mine from Utah parts. I believe they have a new operation, but if you call them they can probably order it for you. Warning; even through discounters it's still not an inexpensive part!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
parts.com lists the OEM non-dimming passenger mirror glass for about $100 and the dimming for $300, expensive alright, but not as much as what the dealer quoted you. I'd also second the bputah.com route, even though the mirror is not listed on their site you could call and see if they can order it for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts