RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So I just bought my parents 2003 Range Rover from them for use by my company. My sister informed me that the front passenger side headlight only turns on about 30% of the time... My first reaction was that the harness is probably corroded as this car has been used at the beach since it was purchased. They took the RR to the stealership about a year ago and they quoted them something around $1,700 to fix it - to me that sounds like a whole new harness... I'm going to get that quote from them when I pick up the car next week, but I thought I would post the problem here and see if anyone has any ideas on how to get this light fixed?

I really want to do a facelifted supercharged look, could this be the perfect excuse to get the newer style headlights? Are they a direct or fairly easy swap? I need a new passenger side tail light too - OEM supercharged the way to go on those?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
25 Posts
most likely it is the ballast. see some of my other posts on this. It is not listed in the Rover parts list, but is the same ballast used on VW, Mazda and several others. You can get it for 40-60 dollars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found that if I flash the high beams it seems to help quick the low beam on... weird huh?

I'm looking to do an 06 or 2010 face lift so I will just tough it out until I replace those parts altogether.

Anyone know what the general cost is to do a front end face lift on an 03?

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts