RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! So I've had my 2016 TD6 since Feb 16 and love it... one small issue though -- I've got the 825W system and when I play a specific song (Feathery by Milky Chance @ 1:36) with level at about 28-30 (@20 doesn't cause the issue), I get a vibration coming from the passenger-side front door speaker. It happens on other songs but just heard that song today on the drive home... anyone else have this issue?

Bad speaker or something behind the grill rattling?

How easy is it to pop the grill off the door? I'm guessing you have to pull the whole door card, which I'd leave for the dealer to fix -- If it's simple, I'd pop if off myself to see what is up with it...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Your car is under warranty, you should do the needful.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Answering my own question :roll: -- I bought Topix for the day and found they have a Technical Bulletin for this issue LTB00992NAS1 (09 Sept 2016) titled Front/Read Door Mid-Range Audio Speaker Grill Vibration.

Hope this helps others...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Totya -- I agree -- it's just that taking it to the dealer is a hassle (drop off, etc -- where they have to "diagnose the problem" -- which seems to take hours). Also, when you ask they never seem to know or heard of the problem before, etc. so I feel like I need to do my homework before hand.

No worries -- I found the technical bulletin so I can now schedule the appointment.

Best.

·
Registered
59 Posts
had same issue with my 2015 hse, there was a wire that was vibrating when volume was up, the dealer replaced the speaker and put some insulation tape around the wire and havnt had any issues since

Answering my own question :roll: -- I bought Topix for the day and found they have a Technical Bulletin for this issue LTB00992NAS1 (09 Sept 2016) titled Front/Read Door Mid-Range Audio Speaker Grill Vibration.

Hope this helps others...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts