RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my P38 for some time, and I'm familiar with the lock issues they have. When I purchased the vehicle both front door actuators were non-functional. I eventually replaced the drivers side because it had made the keyless entry fail, and I was locked out of the vehicle.

I've finally got around to trying to fix the passenger side lock. What happens is it sometimes works. It will actuate both up and down occasionally. All other times you have to manually open and close it. Yesterday I pulled the door panel off and removed the lock. I opened it up and tested the switches, no issues here. I tested the motor, it spins.... but only maybe 1 out of 10 lock unlocks. I thought this is the problem...

I then hooked a multimeter to the power wires, and locked an unlocked the vehicle. It seems that it only gets power 1 of 10 times or so.. So this leads me to believe the motor is fine, it's the power source that is the problem. Another clue is when I lock and unlock the door manually, it seems the signal is received at the same rate as the lock unlock.. maybe 10% of the time or less.

I've reviewed the wiring diagrams a bit, and tested the harness to the door's outstation, no issues here.

At this point I am wondering where to look from here. Am I taking this too far? Is it really just the lock actuator and I'm looking over something?

Any advice would be great.

Thank you!

-Craig

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Craig, it's usually the actuator..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know..

It just doesn't make sense why there is power sent to the motor *sometimes*.

I could always swap the motor from one of the rear actuators to the front.

Do you have any lock actuators for sale?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Hmmm I do. I forget what did you see at the outstation? I could send you an outstation If you wanted to try it at N/C.
You pay for shipping. Lets talk via P.M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts