RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I select reverse the pasenger side mirror drops, this would be a good feature apart from the fact that when I select forward the mirror does not return to its original position. Is this supposed to happen and is there any way of stopping it?

Thanks

Richard

Year 2000 P38 Vouge

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It is supposed to reverse dip the side mirrors. Of course they should come back up when you go back to Drive. Maybe try lubricating the cables first. I should do it on both sides.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have added, I can drive the mirror back using the switch, it just does not move back on its own.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
you can cancel the mirror dip feature, I think you turn the key to on position with drivers side door open, then push drivers seat memory button until message appears on cluster. if you google mirror dip on p38 it comes up, should be in owners manual as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,091 Posts
There are no cables, other than electrical ones and lubricating them won't do a lot. It is a feature on cars with memory seats where both mirrors should dip whewn you select reverse and then return to where they were when you select a forward gear. However, it relies on feedback pots in the mirror assemblies and with age these go open circuit so the mirrors may dip but not return or not dip but then return anyway leaving you looking at the sky. How to switch the 'feature' off is in the owners handbook. Ignition key in position 1 or 2 but engine not running, select reverse gear, press and hold the memory button on the drivers seat for 2 seconds. The dash will beep and display Mirror Dip Off.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Sorry, no cables. But there is a multi-plug under the tweeter housing to check for corrosion. To turn off, the procedure is in the owners manual.
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the helpful information, I will have a go at disabling the function tonight.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just turned mine off. It had the same issue. Position II, Brake pedal, Select Reverse, press and hold Seat Memory button until msg "MIRROR DIP OFF" comes up.

·
Super Moderator
2,091 Posts
You only need to press the brake pedal on an NAS spec car as they are the only ones that have the brake/gearchange interlock. The rest of the world can cope with just the button under the lever.

·
Super Moderator
2,091 Posts
On an NAS car the brake interlock means you have to press the brake pedal to select reverse gear (which you need to do to turn off the mirror dip), on anything other than NAS you don't need to, you just press the button on the underside of the lever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts