RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is less than a month old. This morning the front passenger seat stopped working as I was adjusting it. It was not maxed out in any direction, just made a slight adjustment (about 1 inch) I heard a faint click and it stopped. Both the seat and back won't move but the lumbar is still operating. Anyone else run into this issue? Is it a loose cable, fuse, motor?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I just checked the passenger seat fuse and it was blown. Replaced it with the spare 30 fuse and it blew again. Appears to be the back adjustment that is causing it to blow, because I tested the forward/back seat adjustment and it worked without tripping the fuse. Immediately after I touched the back adjustment it blew the fuse. Nothing is jaming the seat and it was working with no issues yesterday. Any suggestions or do I need to make an appointment at the dealer on Monday?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Icoburn - Go ahead and make that appointment. My 08 Sport went through about 9 fuses right after I bought it. The funny thing is, weeks would go by without anyone even using the passenger seat but the fuse would still blow! I finally decided to make an appointment for it last month and the dealer kept the car for about a week trying to trace wires etc and finally figured out the problem; they said it was the "Base" of the passenger seat which had to be completely changed out with all the electronics in it. Since then, no problems at all and the fuse hasn't blown yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
911toaRANGE said:
Icoburn - Go ahead and make that appointment. My 08 Sport went through about 9 fuses right after I bought it. The funny thing is, weeks would go by without anyone even using the passenger seat but the fuse would still blow! I finally decided to make an appointment for it last month and the dealer kept the car for about a week trying to trace wires etc and finally figured out the problem; they said it was the "Base" of the passenger seat which had to be completely changed out with all the electronics in it. Since then, no problems at all and the fuse hasn't blown yet.
Thanks, I will be calling them 1st thing in the morning.

·
Registered
219 Posts
What, you guys are so cool about this issue.

Why would a very very expensive car have this type of issue?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Sounds like a shorted switch pack on the passenger seat to me, or perhaps there is chafing on some of the wiring down there - they could have been misrouted during production - causing the short when you activate the backseat switch. Take her to the dealer and let them figure it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts