RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well this is a lovely safety hazard! Lets hope i don't roll it on its side and can't get out!

How do I get the door open to work on it?

The vehicle starts and operates normal; I assume this means i'm not superlocked, therefor why can't I pop the door open by leaning over and pulling the handle?

This isssue has been intermittent coming and going, so it's can't likely be mechanical.

-B
2004 Rover North America

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
So you had plenty of warning and did not take that as a sign to remove the door panel and inspect? Do all the other door locks operate properly? How can you not know if your rig is superlocked? Do you lock with the remote or keyway once or twice? If you only press the remote lock button once you are superlocked.

It sounds like you have a single latch failure. The latch failures are rare in first gen L322s but there are existing threads with how to get into superlocked doors.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think you've missed the point, it was intermittent enough I could never get it to act up when I had the opportunity to test and research.

a super locked vehicle will not start the engine is that not correct? Therefore not super locked as I mentioned all else runs perfect.

I searched for two hours for examples of a door which will not unlock and could not find a suitable example, if you have seen any threads which you feel applied to my single frozen door I would appreciate a link.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
If you would like to answer the questions posed you will quickly see I did not miss the point. The entire car being super locked is entirely different than one latch that has failed in super locked status. The engine being able to start has nothing to do with a single failed latch.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Testing a (possibly) failed door lock mechanism?

Got the failed doorlock out of the car (no easy job with the car door is superlocked). Anyone have suggestions on benchtesting or what the waveform is that comes into the lock? pulsing 12v to the locks? pulsing 5v logic? Curious if anyone has bench tested these OR tested the BeCM signals to verify the wiring to the door is 100% functional before i purchase the replacement door lock. I could go exploring with my oscope but would be better if anyone has the details on those lines going to the locks.

Thanks,
_Brendan

2004 Rover North America

·
Registered
160 Posts
how do I disable Superlock?

How can I disable the superlock? I have a Faultmate system, can't find any of those settings that will disable Superlock feature.

I attempted to disable one of my door superlock by removing the white lead (as defined in the circuit diagrams in RAVE as the SUPERLOCK lead) however then the functionality of that door lock is disabled (the blue line to the motor is the 'common' lead between the 'superlock' motor and the 'lock' motor, which i of course left alone).

Has anyone found a way to disable the superlock?

Thx,-B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts