RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I may have a bad passenger door actuator/latch for a North American 2001 P38.

Is there a fuze I can pull that will disengage the door actuator so I can test my theory vs. taking the door panel off and unplugging it.

Here are symptoms:

Getting the mislock with 2 beeps even though all doors and windows are shut

Dome light goes on.

But I do not get the Right Front door is open message on the instrument panel

Rover got in super lock but I was able to unlock the front passenger door from the inside (the drivers door will not super lock, wire had been cut when the drivers door actuator/latch had been replaced with a new one a year ago.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
151 Posts
Interesting, when my driver’s door actuator went this summer the door open message stayed on until I replaced the actuator. Not sure what’s going on there but a good proactice is to check the grounds first when trouble shooting.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
no there is no independent fuse but you could go to the kick panel and disconnect the multi plug feeding offending door. something to keep in mind is the connectors described can and do become brittle thus by messing with them you could create a separate issue.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,220 Posts
The door connectors don't go through the ones behind the kick panel - the go through different connectors further up in the bodywork, and only accessible when the door is open and you've pulled the rubber sheath away from the bodywork.

You could disable the door outstations by pulling Fuse 9 (20A) on the BECM fuse box... but be aware this powers BOTH Left and Right outstations, so you would lose power to the driver side one too.

If you are wanting to test the microswitches in the door latch, then taking the door card off is the only option.

If you want to just temporarily disable the RHF door outstation, then pulling the connector out of the bodywork and unplugging the connector with the Black ground wires, and the Purple/Blue and Purple/Black wires in it will remove power from just the RHF door and allow you to still use the LHF door, to lock the vehicle for example.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Marty.

I have your P38 Door Latch Test information sheet. I will be using that to test the latch before removing it completely. Hopefully the passenger latch is the culprit and a new one will to the trick. I took apart the drivers side latch that I had replaced a year ago. The idea of buying a new one vs. repairing the microswitch with my poor soldering skills sounds better.

Ken

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
Kenin, Marty's sheet is the best to diagnose your problem, get rid of super lock while you are at it.

Get the new lock in case you need it from Marty. That is more reliable than the chinese ones they sell now in the LR box

1 - 6 of 6 Posts