RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
My dealer told me you can't turn it off manually. It should turn off automatically if no one is in the seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
problem is that when I was moving things I had to have the seat all the way up, and quite frankly my girlfriend didn't like the fact that she was so close to the airbag.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't say that I blame her. Hopefully you won't have to move things too often when she is with you. I would like to be able to let one of my kids sit up front once in a while-can't because of the airbag.

·
Registered
10 Posts
caporajm said:
can you turn off the air bag on the passenger side manually?
Yes, you can.

There is a switch located on the end of the instrument panel on the passanger's side. You will need to open the passenger's door in order to locate it.

Insert your starter key to turn the switch to the OFF position. A yellow lamp on the dash will illuminate to indicate the passanger side air bag is deactivated.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just went to check. There is a sticker saying "airbag" in a red circle with a line through it overtop a rearfacing infant seat. Also, above the sticker, there is a raised area, which may be covering a keyhole, but there is no keyhole that I could find.

·
Registered
10 Posts
LA said:
Just went to check. There is a sticker saying "airbag" in a red circle with a line through it overtop a rearfacing infant seat. Also, above the sticker, there is a raised area, which may be covering a keyhole, but there is no keyhole that I could find.
LA,

pm me your email address and I can send you the page concerning this item

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i had the same thing.. so maybe american models are different? :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
caporajm said:
yeah, i had the same thing.. so maybe american models are different? :?
Just had a look at the North American model specs. Apparently you do not have the option to turn off the passanger airbag like the rest of the world!!
Sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts