RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not had to buy any parts for my Rangi, please don't misunderstand I'm not bragging just trying to get my ducks in a row
cause we all know it's coming. I have some spare parts which I picked up from the wrecking yards. My question would be where do ya all buy your parts from?

Scotty

·
Registered
60 Posts
Scotty said:
I have not had to buy any parts for my Rangi, please don't misunderstand I'm not bragging just trying to get my ducks in a row
cause we all know it's coming. I have some spare parts which I picked up from the wrecking yards. My question would be where do ya all buy your parts from?

Scotty
Depends on urgency and availability. In order of preference:

Local Autozone shop--ok for lamps, air filters (some locations), fluids, brake pads, etc. Usually excellent prices, often have to wait for special order to come in. Selection/availability low. No shipping charges.
Mail order--Atlantic British, British Parts of Utah (roverconnection.com). Most everything you would need (AB). At least one day wait for shipping--can't run over and pick up that day. Cheaper than dealer. BPOU website says they price match.
Dealer--Just about all parts available same day (except key remotes), especially So Cal. You pay more for the convenience, but LR showroom always has free coffee. :p

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
Re: Parts Store / Atlantic British

My first preference for any part is Atlantic British. They have been simply the best for LR original parts and OEM bits for every car/rig I have ordered for. I am VERY biased as they have been waiting on me hand and foot and lapel and hat and anywhere in between for almost 20 years. Since my dark days of Sterling 825's and one 827, they have been totally top notch. Brian W can often quote part numbers off the top of his head and frequently has questioned WTF I am up to to make sure I am ordering the right part. In almost 20 years of support from AB I have had only one item not be correct. That singular item is hangin in my garage hoping for a spot on some rig at some time. ****... am I sounding devoted? :mrgreen:

Rovers North is another incredible source for parts. For everyday stuff, mainstream and even complete rebuild items, Rovers North are often WAY over priced. For the small, obscure and odd bits that most folks can't find elsewhere, they may be able to find them, but again will be WAY overpriced.

Here in the States Parts America is an excellent online source. PA is the main distributor for just about everyone but NAPA. Often their shipping is free to your home. Their parts are often OEM. If they are not OEM, they are usually high quality aftermarket replacement. Even better is that here in the States you can receive for free in shipping, or usually pick up locally and if something goes wrong, you can return up the street.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Island 4x4 for me, I would order from them any time. If I order before 4.00pm the parts always get to me by 10.00am next day. The price they give is including VAT and orders over £50 are free of shiping too. :thumb:
SID.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Was just about to post this up in a separate post, but i guess i can put it here. I have managed to get into contact with the distributors for Range Rover/Jag in Australia. They have a pretty extensive catalogue of P38 bits, and they are bloody cheap too. Got quoted $1200 for an engine valve assembly (one side) by the stealership, distributor quoted me $700 for the pair, so ~$350 for a side. Asstd bolts quoted $40 each by stealers, $3 each from distributor. Im pretty happy :D

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you guys for the replies, sorry for the delay in responding just got home from Farmington MI Great info thanks again...

Scotty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts