RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, can anyone help me / instruct me on how to remove just the light protection brush guard in the front? I would like to leave the center portion of the bull bar / brush guard on. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean... I believe there are two different products. One is the full bull bar which wraps around the lights, and the other is the "A-Frame" which just covers the middle.

If you have the complete bull bar, I think you would need to replace it with the A-Frame to get what you want...

You probably have one of these:

http://bputah.com/RR44/rr44brush1.htm

But you want one of these:

http://bputah.com/RR44/Range_Rover_A_Frame_Bar.htm

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,761 Posts
Don't the light wraps bolt onto the AFrame like they do for the P38s? Check for screw caps/trim caps where the wings meet the center section. There may be allen bolts under those. Keep in mind that IF the wings are detachable there will a cutout area where the sections joined that may require a seperate trim panel.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,932 Posts
to remove the outer sections from the truck remove the yellow reflectors,
then the two screws,
then corner lights to remove the brackets

·
Registered
122 Posts
There should be four allen head bolts on each side of the a frame. Then it'll look like this.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys, found the black covers and took them off. 5mm allen bolts off and the little nuts off the corner turn signals and done. Took me about 18 minutes or less to get the wings off.

Problem, the inside of the center portion of the bull bar was not painted black all the way so there is a huge raw plastic surface showing on the side and looks well...not that good.

So how do you take the center part of the bull bar off? Looked around and could not see any bolts or covers. Is it behind the license plate holder? I didn't take that off so if anyone can help that would be great. Thanks again!

·
Registered
494 Posts
There are four bolts behind the rectangular parking sensor inserts. One on each side of the "A" frame. Just insert a flat screwdriver and pop em out. You'll see the (likely very rusted) bolts right away. Once you do get these out there two horrible holes (big one too) in the bumper. If you want to leave it off you'll need a new front bumper valence and a paint job. I suggest paint the "A" frame side matte black and live with it...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfect, thank you. Looks like I am going to have to buy a new front bumper if I want to roll without the bull bar. There are drilled out holes so not even worth trying to patch up and paint etc. 3 holes on each side standing vertically on top of each other.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I removed the bull bar and now have the nice holes showing that were drilled in the bumper when it was fitted. I wonder if there are cover plates available? I searched around but didn't find anything suitable.

Whoever originally fitted the bull bar threw out the parking sensor bezels so :twisted: I also need to get two of these. Any idea where to get them?

RR HSE 2005

1 - 10 of 10 Posts